Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nightfisher, thanks! I'm really pleased how the arms worked out. I just made a wide enough slit in the pumpkin with a large flat head screwdriver. Then slid in the part I left to secure them with, bent tight and they are really sturdy!

Slash .. I did make them. I wanted pumpkin monsters for my haunted pumpkin patch. They are super easy to do!! Basically padding wire with twisted paper towels, then corpsing with gray walmart bags, dry brushing on brown, moss green and gray in layers. I'll put up some pics for you later on tonight of how I did them.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I used house wiring for the arms, since I have access to scraps. You could use coat hangers though, that's what I used for the legs.

Really I just wound the paper towels around the wires, hot gluing as I went. Then I used duct tape on the ends of fingers and foot to form root like claws. I then wound everything again in strips of walmart bags, then used a heat gun to corpse that. From there use burnt umber and paint them. Once dry then dry brush with mossy paint, once dry hit the tops with a gray. That's it ..I'm using these under a covered area. If out in the weather, you'd want to poly them well!!

Arms: these pics are to the corpsing stage.

Legs ..

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love him!!! Made me giggle and smile! :) Thanks for sharing the how to.
Thanks, I love the personality of these little monsters too!

Then you have this guy, who's slightly more menacing than his squash head of a brother. The claws and jagged smile tell the tale ..

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just might have to 'borrow' this idea one of these years. Great job!
Thanks! :) they are super easy to make, if you have kids I think this would be a great project for them! Just have them use a low temp glue gun, I use the high temp and alway burn myself unmercifully.

Since I've really enjoyed these, I think next year I might leave a bigger area for them. I only used half the patio this year, so I have room to expand. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts