Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted a question like this on Yahoo Answers, but I thought I'd get better advice from you guys. So my haunt theme has always been Ghost town/*******. I have this year's planning done, but I have a few questions.

1. After two rooms, we have people go through a dark 8' by 8' room cut into three zig-zagging hallway sections. It has a 6' ceiling, so it's pretty claustrophobic. I was thinking of making it into a mine. However, because of the narrow hallways, I wouldn't be able to fit many props in there. I could probably fit something in the first hallway. It's 8' by 3.5' so I could probably build a zombie miner and fit him into a corner. But what should I do for the walls? Flat black? Or should I detail them? Do you guys have any suggestions for how to detail them? It'll be pretty dark anyway.

2. Later in the haunt, I have a meat shop. How can I tie white walls covered in blood into a ghost town?

3. At the end of the haunt, we have two small, 4' by 4' rooms. I was thinking of using creepy clowns and I think I can tie them into the western theme. I'll go with the clowns unless you guys come up with a better idea. Do you guys have any other ideas?

4. I want an EPIC facade for the house. What should I theme it as? If it helps, I'll give you a description of what they see when they first enter. After they go in they'll go through a short hallway and go into a room and have to walk around a pretty generic creepy table with a very realistic prop sitting on it. So for the facade, should I do a western building (saloon), or a ******* mansion. I was leaning towards the ******* mansion, I think I could make it creepyer on a lower budg4et. I want to make it 12 feet high.

Thanks in advance for any help I get! Happy Haunting!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Here's my idea for your narrow hallway (mineshaft)...I did this a few years ago.
Paint the walls flat black and cover the walls and ceiling with spiders and other small creepy bugs painted with fluorescent paint. Hang a few threads from the ceiling so it feels like your walking through a cobwebs. Now if you want to scare your guests I suggest you get someone dressed all in black from their head to their toes and put them inside the mine. I would then glue or sew a spider on the back of their gloved hand and put them inside the mine against the wall, think about a "dot room". For the final effect I scattered peanut shells all over the floor for the crunchy bug sound as they walked through.

·
Chocolate is my BFF!
4,227 Posts
I am tapp out to give any ideas except make sure you use alot then just a few thread here and there. I went through this one haunt and they had one lousy thread here and there and there was no way you could be feeling that you walked through a web kind of feeling. I didnt feel that at all.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks guys! I think bugs would work great in a mine!

Any ideas for the other things? Thanks in advance!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts