Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a crazy idea the other day! For some reason the other day I thought about where to put the Christmas Tree and I had a thought. What if I put up a Halloween tree and after Halloween's over take the decorations off and converted it into a Christmas Tree?? I've got the purple and orange lights for a Halloween tree. I think it would look awesome! But...............

Would this be sacreligious?

Has anyone else done this?

What are your feelings on this?

·
Registered
325 Posts
There a gal on another board that does that. She goes from fall to halloween to christmas and leaves the thing up almost half the year. LOL!

·
Registered
147 Posts
We've done a Halloween tree FOR Xmas, lol.

Decorated with ghosts, skulls, strings of bats, etc. and a 10" circular sawblade for the topper! All our gothie friends loved it=)

Ya gotta do what makes ya happy

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yes, the Christmas Tree has absolutely nothing to do with the religious side of Christmas, so go for it! I think it sounds brilliant. It would look especially cool with a white tree and orange lights. Everything would stand out better. Or, if you're really creative, a black tree! haha

:)
Leigh Clements
The Mystery Maiden
Shot In The Dark Mysteries.com

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice. I know that technically the Christmas tree has no religious significance...but it is associated with Christmas and my inlaws will probably think I am Satan if I put Halloween decorations on a "Christmas" Tree.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I know that technically the Christmas tree has no religious significance...but it is associated with Christmas and my inlaws will probably think I
am Satan if I put Halloween decorations on a "Christmas" Tree.
I've seen people use the small artificial trees for all of the holidays. They just keep changing their ornaments.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I use the same tree for both Halloween and Christmas, but change the lights and decorations. It saves time since our tree takes quite some time to put together, and it's nice having the tree up for a few months.

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
I did this last year with a 7' Black Tree from Garden Ridge (sorry, I have no pics). I used Orange and purple lights, 2 strands of pumpkin lights, 2 strands of light-up orange lantern lights from Target and a Orange and Black Witch Hat from Walmart as a topper.

I used the Black Tree for Christmas with Silver and White ornaments. The Halloween version was the most fun... You can use almost anything you can imagine! Many of my haunting friends were quite speachless when they saw this.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't do an evergreen tree. Somehow that just doesn't say "Halloween" to me. I'd go out into the woods and chop down some scraggly, craggly tree. Maybe about 6 ft high with lots of branches going every "witch" way. Think how great the ornaments would look swinging from bare branches. It would remind me of Bradbury's "Halloween Tree".

·
The Grim Reaper
921 Posts
We had the Gemmy Freddy for our Christmas tree one year. Had a santa hat on him and the presents around him and he was looking out the front window. People drove by and said oh no you didn't.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts