Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it was a little to early to be having "The Dream" but I guess not because I did last night. I was building my home haunt two days before Halloween when I realized, I HAD NO PROPS DONE! AH! Scared me to death. ;) Has anyone had a similar dream yet?

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
Ive had one where I completly miss Halloween Day....

And this was the most realistic dream ive ever had....Man was i confused in the morning....

Ruggerz

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Yep I have. I had a dream that it was the day of the party and the Haunted House hadnt even been set up yet, no frame no walls not scenes nothing and I was freaking out that everyone was going to be here in one hour and I wasnt going to be ready. Ugggggh it was aweful!

·
Registered
127 Posts
This is quite the strange phenomenon.My God,I thought I was the only one.Mine usually goes where it's Halloween...mid afternoon....and I realize that I have absolutely nothing up...I usually wake up in a cold sweat at that point!!Weird........very very weird.

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
I had the strangest dream last night on that same note. It was the night of my party and everyone was showing up in costume. I was all set to fire up the haunt when someone said "who's idea is it to play soccer this year instead of go through your haunted house?" I'm like "what are you talking about?" Then I walked into the woods to find that my husband had tore down my haunted house and made a soccer field. (Weird cause noone in our family plays or even likes soccer).
I ran into my house and made a huge scene in front of all our guests. Basically I threw a fit on my husband for doing that. He said he was tired of Halloween and I said you are not ruining my Halloween bud. So I dressed in a costume went to a bar party, and the next day I filed for divorce. :p

But like you all. THE dream usually goes something like everyone shows up dressed in costume and I forgot that it was Halloween. Some variation of that. It is terrible :eek: But it is very motivating. I hate them though cause you wake up in the panic that you would feel at the moment. Humiliated and unprepared and like I have let everyone down.

Weird that we have this dream. It's like we are but one mind with many bodies. ;)

·
Registered
253 Posts
I am so glad I am not the only one...I was going to post this very same subject. I have had mine about 4 times now. It's always the same...I wake up on Halloween and realize I had not decorated ANYTHING at all.

It's worse than the dream where everyone has clothes on but me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's even worse when the dream comes true like it did to me my first year of haunting. I decided at 3pm I was going to set up a small one room haunt and so I got to cutting trashbags, threw up a blacklight with some blacklight spiderwebs and called it a show! ;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mine is always like this: it's halloween night, i'm a kid again, and i realize people are out trick or treating but i haven't even put my makeup on yet. I'm freaking out because i am missing trick or treat, rushing to get my costume on, and then by the time i get outside Halloween is over. It's horrible, and i've been having it for years! There are variations- sometimes i'm an adult, and sometimes it's not makeup but i'm trying to set up my haunt in the dark as kids are asking for candy. Like everyone else, i'm glad i'm not the only one.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have a recurring dream that's it's dusk on Halloween and I have no candy or decorations ready. I wake up in a cold sweat!

·
Registered
574 Posts
I haven't had the dream yet this year, but I always do. It is usually that I wake up on Halloween around 6, when the trick or treaters start, and I have no candy, no decorations, no nada. I wake up all freaked out and check the calendar every time. LOL, what a bunch of freaks we are. I mean that with love.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had the strangest dream last night on that same note. It was the night of my party and everyone was showing up in costume. I was all set to fire up the haunt when someone said "who's idea is it to play soccer this year instead of go through your haunted house?" I'm like "what are you talking about?" Then I walked into the woods to find that my husband had tore down my haunted house and made a soccer field. (Weird cause noone in our family plays or even likes soccer).
I ran into my house and made a huge scene in front of all our guests. Basically I threw a fit on my husband for doing that. He said he was tired of Halloween and I said you are not ruining my Halloween bud. So I dressed in a costume went to a bar party, and the next day I filed for divorce. :p
That cracks me up. Why soccer? Haha.

Also, IckyVicky, in my dreams I also always realize it's Halloween around dawn.

The cool thing about my dream is that they last a while. I'll normally panic in the dream, and then come up with some cool, last-minute costume and decorations. I've been very inspired by some of my dream ideas. :)

·
Dead and loving it.
1,620 Posts
I had the dream in March this year. Usually this is about the time I have the dream.

I'm so scared right now that I wont get everything finished, I am started to rebuild my walls to my haunt next week and fix my mausoleum. We had a freak storm a few weeks back that knocked it over and punched a few holes in the side when it fell on a chair. I didn't think that was possible as it is made with 2x3 studs and heavy.

I still have to build my scarecrow and I was hoping I would get an Axworthy rig going but I don't know if I will have the time.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I guess I am a procrastinator and have learned to accept that. I do alot of really good work in those few dwindling hours before the deadline. This is why I am taking the 30th off this year. Maybe more!

But the dreams I have had have been around vanadalism. We have an unlit bike trail behind our house. Its really nice most of the year, but I do worry that some young kids are going to be walking by one night and decide to play kick the head off the dummies.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts