Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.. for just a very brief moment. When I came into where my Wife was she said she and the cat had heard something very strange!"
"It fluttered and flopped across the inside of the wall, starting from the inside of the house going towards the outside on the West side?"
Bird? Bat? A mouse wearing wind-up wings?
Of course I could find nothing and no one. No holes anywhere where they should not be for entrance or exiting. All very strange!
Never found out ??????????
Bird or Bat, it will probably wait til it's about dead,then return to make our lives miserable1
Displaying itself in front of customers!
"Squak! I'm dead (look at me!) .. as I lay here on your newest, bestest RUG! Dribble,dribble...

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I'd bet it's a bat. We have problems with them in our old house. They can travel through the walls from the attic to the basement. Our renter called us up one time and said, "There's a bat in the house." I wanted to say, that's what comes with old houses. Instead we paid $800 to a bat removal guy. That was 4 years ago. We still have bats in the house.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are ten miles from the Mississippi River, 14 miles from the widest part of that entire river, a whole lot of wet, swampy places for "Skeeters" to grow to feed many tons of bats. I have heard of several tons, actual tons , of Bat Chitt found in attics of houses at the river.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
We are just 10 miles off the river too. Only to the west, where you are to the east. We have a problem with bats nesting in the garage too. It used to be a carriage house, bats like the old buildings. Our problem is the bats urinating on the cars. The poo is tiny pellets, but the urine is not so tiny. I love bats, and what they do to the mosquito population. Just not their choice of homes. Why can't they use those nice nesting boxes everyone puts out?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts