Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was listening to the Music Choice Channel, Sounds of the Seasons.
Song at 11 o'clock was Ministry "Every Day is Halloween". Next song at 11:03 pm my time (Central), 12:03 am Eastern standard time?

"Jingle Bells".

They played Halloween music all the way through Nov 1st, which is better than Last year when Alice Cooper finished and "Silver Bells" played 2 hours past Halloween Midnight.

Still it was a little jarring, and I suppose it's official.

Halloween 2013 is over.

Next Halloween is a Friday Night. Enjoy your Holidays, make sure you visit Larry's other forum, Christmas Fan Club, and make sure you stick around here. The ghoulery never ends here on Halloween Forum.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I hear that! Unbelieveable with the rush to go from Halloween to Christmas. The stores are really to blame. Lowes Home Improvement is one of the worse ones. They have Santa Claus standing right next to a Jack-O-Lantern!

But last night after I pulled in most of my props and decorations for Halloween, I was already thinking about Christmas as I have to start my planning right away. Unlike Halloween which I start planning for in the late summer (last week in August), I only have November to iron out my plans for Christmas. The good thing is that my Christmas display doesn't change too much over the years, it is not as drastic as the changes I make for Halloween.

My Christmas display revolveds around a system that syncronizes music to lights...in fact I use the same system for my Singing Pumpkins this year. (Here check it out):

http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/132545-halloween-2013-magic-mirror-singing-pumpkins-spydro-jumping-spider.html

So the system goes right from Halloween mode to Christmas mode. Sooooo, I guess I am just as bad as the stores! LOL. But really I have to get any planning and new items bought for my Christmas display BEFORE the 1st weekend in December. If there are any new songs I want to add, I have to do that all in November.

Unlike Halloween which I only do a display for the one day, my Christmas display is up for nearly the entire month.

Geo

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
LOL, well, at least they hung on that long (three minutes). Seems the stores have been ready for Christmas since about mid-September! Some, earlier!

And I agree with the sentiment of the song, "Every Day is Halloween." I love and enjoy all the seasons and all the holidays but I always have a little Halloween inside me...just my nature. Viva Halloween, it shall come again!

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,271 Posts
My mother-in-law wanted to take down the Halloween lights and put up the Christmas ones on Halloween! I was able to delay her for a few days but I fear the lights will be up soon. :confused:

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Yeah, we were listening as well last night just to get that last bit of Halloween spirit. Then Jingle Bells kicked on and my wife and I just laughed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
Shadowbat
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing