Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where I work, we host different school proms. After the prom is over and decorations are torn down they go down to our dock area for the trash pick up. And man did I score some awesome finds. I got about 10 huge (around 8 foot tall) thick Styrofoam props already painted black and shaped like buildings, lots of large stars made out of cardboard, black trap with stars on it, and a ton of black and some silver raffi like materiel...not sure what kind of materail it is...but I'll use it. ALso got some 8 foot tall cardboard silhouettes of people. Sweet.

So a heads up on after prom decorations, if you can get a hold of them..do it.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Great scores!! You should tottaly post pictures. We could never take our decorations as they were "going green" and started to reuse them year after year.:(

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I'll take pictures tomorrow and post them

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pictures Added

Im adding pictures of the things I found for our Halloween haunts this year,if anyone has any suggestions on something really cool to do with these items. let me know. Thanks
First out the thick styrofoam building, the one on the end is broken, and you can see how tall they are. And I thought there were ten, my bad.[/COLOR]

And here are the people dancing shilouetts

And here are the stars, material, and other stuff I got.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
I'm suprised the school didn't save them. My highschool was public, lol, they saved all of our old props from drama and dances... everything. Congrats on a nice score!

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for posting the pics. The last pic of stuff would be cool in a wicked wizard or witches room. the bulidings could be put together and made as a church or chaple with the cemetary. The dancing people not real sure but maybe dancing zombies danceing to mj's Thriller?

·
Registered
281 Posts
that looks like my prom stuff back in '05......

I can see this being part of a Vampire Masquerade party. Like an Elegant masquerade party, but with vampires.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. Im really surprised the schools threw this stuff out and not saved them . In fact this is from two separate schools, and I didn't even get all that was thrown away, Im running out of storage room. We are going to have to add on another room to this house just for all the Halloween stuff I have.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Those dancing people silhouettes made me laugh - I made a set of those exact ones for my son's school last year! And I made skyscrapers the year before! I let the kids take them home when we were done since no one wanted to store them. Never thought about Halloween potential at all - how do you plan to use them?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As far as the bulidings, I would like to make them look more like a haunted house, the one on the end thats broke...I'll probably cut up and make more tombstones.
The dancing people I plan on using them in the garage for decor...and Would make the man look like a vampire and bite marks on the ladies neck....and/ or have the man holding a knife and cut off the ladies head...something like that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts