Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter moved into her own apartment last week and left me with an empty bedroom to do with what I wish! So it is to become my project/craft room, much to my son's disdain - he thinks it should be his drum room but oh well, let him get his own house!

Anyway, the walls are lime green, which I plan to keep. I'm thinking of decorating with monster movie posters and hopefully eventually some vintage halloween collectibles.

I can't help getting little twinges of sadness that my little girl has left the nest :( but at the same time, I'm so excited to have my own space!!!

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Pffft project room or drum room....such an easy choice! Tell sonny boy that he'll be the next one out the door if he's not careful lol :)

No twinges! If she's like most young people she'll be around so much mooching, doing laundry and asking for money that you wont have the chance to miss her :)

Enjoy your new space!

MsM

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
OMG! Do not let it become a drum room. My son is a drummer and when he first started playing we had his drums inside the house. BIG mistake everything on the walls opposite the room with drums fell off. Now he has a band room off from the garage. :) My daughter graduated from high school Friday and is going to college this fall so I feel your pain but it is time for YOU now. So yea fix that room up for you and when you go in there you won't have sad thoughts about missing your daughter you will have happy thoughts of Halloween ahhhh..Halloween :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm getting close now for my daughters flight from the nest, can't get an exact date though, sometime in Aug. Time sure flies. One minute it's diapers, next it's taking her apartment hunting.

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
So far, we just keep adding to the family. Daughter number four is due to arrive in about a month. She's going to be taking over the "bonus room" which is right next to our bedroom. Already have the other girls tucked into their rooms downstairs.

My only space is the garage and the driveway. At least I know my wife won't want to put a crib out there!!

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
So far, we just keep adding to the family. Daughter number four is due to arrive in about a month. She's going to be taking over the "bonus room" which is right next to our bedroom.
You do know there are ways to prevent that dont you? hahaha

Man, you sound like you have it really bad but there's always your garage :)

MsM

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Isn't it a bittersweet thing?? :rolleyes:

But you enjoy your space, you deserve it!!
Thanks! I will!

Pffft project room or drum room....such an easy choice! Tell sonny boy that he'll be the next one out the door if he's not careful lol :)

No twinges! If she's like most young people she'll be around so much mooching, doing laundry and asking for money that you wont have the chance to miss her :)

Enjoy your new space!

MsM
Yeah, "sonny boy" is not getting the room! Some days he lucky I let him live in the one he's got! ;)

Oh that's great! You'll have to give it a name like Madame's Leota's Seance Room or something like that. Here's an idea for a plaque above your door:

Terra that is awesome! I love it!

OMG! Do not let it become a drum room. My son is a drummer and when he first started playing we had his drums inside the house. BIG mistake everything on the walls opposite the room with drums fell off. Now he has a band room off from the garage. :) My daughter graduated from high school Friday and is going to college this fall so I feel your pain but it is time for YOU now. So yea fix that room up for you and when you go in there you won't have sad thoughts about missing your daughter you will have happy thoughts of Halloween ahhhh..Halloween :)
Yeah, his drums can just stay where they are and he can keep hauling them to his friend's house for band practice. His friend who lives out in the country - way out!

I'm getting close now for my daughters flight from the nest, can't get an exact date though, sometime in Aug. Time sure flies. One minute it's diapers, next it's taking her apartment hunting.
Don't I know it! Where did the time go and when did I get so old?!?

So far, we just keep adding to the family. Daughter number four is due to arrive in about a month. She's going to be taking over the "bonus room" which is right next to our bedroom. Already have the other girls tucked into their rooms downstairs.

My only space is the garage and the driveway. At least I know my wife won't want to put a crib out there!!
Well, I can tell you one thing, that ain't happenin' around here! I no longer make deliveries! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts