Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've wanted to be elvis for halloween for a long time, but it's such an easy costume to do terribly. today i finally purchased the grand heritage elvis jumpsuit (the "aloha from hawaii" version), which appears to be of good enough quality to really do the king justice.

it was right at $150, which is more than i've ever spent on a halloween costume, but considering that i usually spend somewhere in the $100 range putting together a costume that i'll probably never wear again, and this one should (hopefully) be built for the long haul, the extra cost could well be justified even if i only wear it 2-3 times over the next few years.

of course, that cost effectiveness could change if i have to ship it back and forth due to incorrect sizing--according to the online size charts (which vary depending on what website i look at, even for what is supposed to be the same product from rubie's) i'm right at the line between sizes. ordering a costume online without being able to try it on is a pain, but if it comes out right, it should be sharp.

pics to come.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
looking forward to seeing some pics.

i've wanted to be elvis for halloween for a long time, but it's such an easy costume to do terribly. today i finally purchased the grand heritage elvis jumpsuit (the "aloha from hawaii" version), which appears to be of good enough quality to really do the king justice.

it was right at $150, which is more than i've ever spent on a halloween costume, but considering that i usually spend somewhere in the $100 range putting together a costume that i'll probably never wear again, and this one should (hopefully) be built for the long haul, the extra cost could well be justified even if i only wear it 2-3 times over the next few years.

of course, that cost effectiveness could change if i have to ship it back and forth due to incorrect sizing--according to the online size charts (which vary depending on what website i look at, even for what is supposed to be the same product from rubie's) i'm right at the line between sizes. ordering a costume online without being able to try it on is a pain, but if it comes out right, it should be sharp.

pics to come.

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks! i was pretty worried buying it online without a chance to try it on, but i had read good reviews and i was pretty sure i was going with the most appropriate size, and it turned out great. the only two (minor) problems are that it's a little long (a problem that will be solved somewhat by shoes), and the collar tends to spread--that's why i'm holding it in that picture, to keep it standing up. i think some fabric tape or velcro or something else inconspicuous will keep it up like it needs to be.

i got a wig and sunglasses last night...all i need now is some costume jewelry, shoes, and possibly a lei (not entirely necessary but a nice finishing touch). more pics will be coming as i finish it off.

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm watching the "aloha" concert tonight and calling it research...why did it take me til 31 years old before deciding to be elvis?

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ha, i've thought about getting a microphone but i'm not sure i want to carry it around all night. :D

and yeah, i still need the shoes, some rings, a necklace, and maybe a lei.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
5 Participants
dane82
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing