Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To some of you it may be old news, but after many years of trying, I finally made the newspaper. Although it is a digital newspaper, to me it is still an honor. I want to thank all of you that supplied me with your tips, tricks and ideas. It is a feeling that your efforts finally get noticed. Check it out at http://orleanshub.com/ "Halloween to the extreme".

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been in the paper once but that was years ago for my very first Halloween haunt. My haunt has gotten so much better 12 years later that I would love to be on the news but I'm afraid of the amount of traffic I will get in the neighborhood. I already give out over 100 bags of candy every year. Can't wait until tomorrow!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Congratulations, neighbor (from Genesee County - Elba). I finally made the newspaper, well online at the Batavian.com last year. I never pushed for the reporter to come out in all my years that I have been decorating (since early 90's), but the neighbors would call and email each year for at least five years that I know of. Then a couple years ago he came three days after Halloween and I had all the decorations down, but he asked that I give him a shout out the next year when things were up. I did, and he showed up on October 30 last year.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
I had no idea Jamie Hyneman was a member here!! :D

You look just like the guy from Mythbusters minus the beret!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Congradulations, Nick!

I was hoping someone would take notice as well with what I am doing, but since I am only doing such a small section of the yard the decorating doesn't appear to be anything unique from the road. However, what I DO isn't that common. I host a Magic Mirror display which was originally created by the Halloween guru's over at Imagineerieing.com. I know I am the only one that does it in my area, but apparently it hasn't made a big enough splash to get noticed. But also true is that I only hold the event on Halloween. The house is pretty much dark until that night.

I always longed to do something BIG, such a full sized haunt. But the way things go around here that is nearly impossible. Even though my display is small, it does take a long time to plan because I like to change it up every year to keep up interest. However, always some kind of monkey wrench gets thrown into the works. Mostly it is issues with the weather. Living up here in LI, NY we have had a pretty bad history weather wise for Halloween. In fact, I been doing my display since 2009 and out of all those years since, there was only ONE night that had no weather issues.

THIS years monkey wrench is a double header.

1) Rain is expected to move in later on tomorrow night. If this weather pattern shifts slightly, it could be a rainout tomorrow night.
2) One of my twin boys has had a virus since Sunday. It goes away at night, but comes back again the next morning. So we are going to take him to the doctor later on today. It would be a shame if he misses out on Halloween.

But getting back to the weather, I just need to find myself a house that has a front porch AND a garage I can work out of, so this way I don't have to worry about the weather. As things stand, I just don't think I will ever get to do anything on a grand scale as you have done.

Once again, congradulations on the article, keep up the great work on the Halloween House...Looks great!

Geo

·
Registered
211 Posts
Awesome! :) Congrats!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts