Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Haha, it kinda does. But I will say it's nice seeing the new look and being able to use the site in either dark or light mode. Everything's just cleaner... now if we could just get the app back up and running!

·
Registered
13,514 Posts
Not in “love” with the pumpkins but fitting. Adding photos to your album from your phone is now super easy and posting the images with the new “copy” feature just a breeze. I’m ocassionally experiencing a hijacked thread where an ad pops up a whole window you have to quit out of HF to escape and log back in. Experienced advertising hijacks on the old forum board and had me super close to quitting here so not happy to encounter something similar.

I do miss being able to colorize text.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,335 Posts
Adblockers are your friend. I don't know why more people don't use them.

There's one for everyone here!

I refuse to surf on any device that doesn't have one added. Especially on certain site like The Washington Post. That thing is unreadable with an adblocker of some sort. I have one on my home laptop, my work puter, my Kindle & phone.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,581 Posts
Not in “love” with the pumpkins but fitting. Adding photos to your album from your phone is now super easy and posting the images with the new “copy” feature just a breeze. I’m ocassionally experiencing a hijacked thread where an ad pops up a whole window you have to quit out of HF to escape and log back in. Experienced advertising hijacks on the old forum board and had me super close to quitting here so not happy to encounter something similar.

I do miss being able to colorize text.

Simple workaround to colorize your text:

[color= lime ] TEXT IS NOW LIME GREEN! [/ color ]
so brackets for the simple code (remove the spaces to make it work, don't forget to do the close part) with the name of a color, usually works with any basic colors in addition to the lovely lime... like:

PINK!
YELLOW!
cyan!
BLUE!
green!
GRAY!
ORANGE!
RED!
PURPLE!

Likely several others I haven't remembered but you can try it out and see. If it doesn't work, the text will just default to standard color.

·
Harbinger of Autumn
1,813 Posts
Simple workaround to colorize your text:

[color= lime ] TEXT IS NOW LIME GREEN! [/ color ]
so brackets for the simple code (remove the spaces to make it work, don't forget to do the close part) with the name of a color, usually works with any basic colors in addition to the lovely lime... like:

PINK!
YELLOW!
cyan!
BLUE!
green!
GRAY!
ORANGE!
RED!
PURPLE!

Likely several others I haven't remembered but you can try it out and see. If it doesn't work, the text will just default to standard color.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Works with RGB Codes too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
BR1MSTON3
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing