Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First prop finished!
Wen I got her at the thrift store, I don't even know she had a battery compartment. I just saw that she was kinda real looking, and $2.49 ($1.25 cause she had a blue sticker, didnt know that till I was at the register) well, when I took the dress off to start messaging it up/aging it... I saw a battery compartment. Definitely didnt think it would be functional. Imagine my delight when I put in those 4 "aa" batteries! Here she is.
Comment and let me know if te link works, I've never uploaded a video before!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Not bad for 1.25! I had the paint already, and the eyes are some of my wife's nail polish to be a little wet looking.(dont tell her!) Not gonna lie, I took the batteries out so it doesn't accidentally turn on and cause a heart attack!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! Honestly, the painting was way more simple than it looks.little gray, lowlights, highlights, then sponge in any color. A sponge is your friend! Wish I had pics of the process. I guess I'll have to make another and make a tutorial! Though, that will probably be after the columns, fence and headstones are done. Ugh, Halloween is getting closer by the minute!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Why can't I find anything that cool in the thrift stores?:mad: I check every time I'm in town but nada. The only thing I've found so far is a ceramic oil lamp for out on the patio table. That doll is so, so... I can't think of an appropriate work to describe how creepy an cool it is. Good job and a great find.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks chewy! I have hit up thrift stores all year looking- I'm fortunate as I live "in town" so there are a few. You might wanna try Craigslist, as I'm sure there are many options!

When I was in paramedic school, I ended up getting an old "I.V. Practice arm" that had seen better days and was no longer useful. I'm thinking it might make the perfect snack for this baby to be holding!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm so glad people like her! I must admit, after seeing all the amazing things people have made, it's a little scary to post a prop, for fear that it isn't as well recieved as other people's items!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts