Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm not throwing a party this year & have been focusing on growing my youtube channel, I've been inspired & am super excited about an idea I had yesterday. I've decided to dress up & film 4 recipe videos to post weekly in October. My channel, www.youtube.com/yorkandspoon features healthy plant-based recipes. I know I'm going to do a cocktail & mocktail video with a few drink ideas. What else would you like to see present in a fun, spooky, healthy version? Appreciate any ideas. I am super excited about the potential for these videos.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I came up with one more. Pumpkin fondue! I'll play around with creating a recipe this weekend. I plan to make 4 videos so I'd still love more ideas.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Do you have a gluten-free, dairy free pumpkin bread/cake recipe? I don't know if that is even possible. My niece has had some health issues and can no longer tolerate gluten and dairy. I have a fantastic pumpkin bread recipe that she loves but it is now off-limits. She has begged me to figure out a way to make a pumpkin bread she can eat. I've never attempted a gluten-free bread or cake recipe, much less a gluten AND dairy-free recipe!

Anyway, I think you video idea is great! I love watching cooking videos on youtube. And Halloween recipes can't be beat! I'll certainly be tuning in your channel. Since we've had to focus on my niece's health issues so much lately, I'll be interested in anything that's healthy.

·
Super Moderator
5,612 Posts
Do you have a gluten-free, dairy free pumpkin bread/cake recipe? I don't know if that is even possible. My niece has had some health issues and can no longer tolerate gluten and dairy. I have a fantastic pumpkin bread recipe that she loves but it is now off-limits. She has begged me to figure out a way to make a pumpkin bread she can eat. I've never attempted a gluten-free bread or cake recipe, much less a gluten AND dairy-free recipe!

Anyway, I think you video idea is great! I love watching cooking videos on youtube. And Halloween recipes can't be beat! I'll certainly be tuning in your channel. Since we've had to focus on my niece's health issues so much lately, I'll be interested in anything that's healthy.
http://againstallgrain.com/2013/10/01/gluten-free-pumpkin-bread/

Hold on to your hats – this gluten-free pumpkin bread tastes and feels like the real thing and it’s free of gluten, grains, nuts, dairy, and coconut. That’s a whole lot of free! The only allergen it’s not free of is eggs. Sorry, I’m a chef not a wizard!

·
Registered
857 Posts
I cant think of any ideas but I will for sure be watching your channel ! every Halloween season I LOVE making new recipes. It is one of the things I look forward to every season. Halloween drinks would be great to see as well ! I will subscribe right now. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just_Tim thanks for tuning in! Tarker Midnight, I accept your challenge. May not do it as a video as baking recipes require the extra work of making two batches so one can be finished & ready to pull out and I'll be short on time. All of my recipes are dairy free. I'm a Registered Dietitian by day so I help people adapt to gluten intolerance often. I'll test something out & send it your way.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thank you so much Halloween Princess! We're coming up on our first holiday season dealing with all the dietary restrictions and I must admit my poor niece is pretty depressed since she's had to give up all of the "good stuff".

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I probably should have put this post under the recipes section of the forum. Apologies, but I don't think I can move it now. Here's a peak at the recipes I came up with & filmed today. All deceptively health, plant based & delicious. If you are a youtube used, make sure to subscribe to www.youtube.com/user/yorkandspoon to catch all 4 videos. But I'll share them here once they're posted for those who aren't. Thanks again for the ideas.

I did a pumpkin fondue (dippers shown), meltaway candy pops, date caramel apples & 2 cocktails; sour apple martini & an O Negative cocktail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts