Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just get the itch right before Labor Day every year and well its an itch that needs to be scratched! I am still adding shelving to the walls in the Halloween Room to display everything but I did manage to fill up one of the curios tonight. Plenty of set up to go in the next couple weeks but life is just better with a little orange out if you know what I mean. Anyone else started? I would love to see indoor décor pics!!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I have not opened any of the Halloween boxes but the new things we bought or made never found their way into a box. The new Grandin Rd dog and Costume Shop cat are on my fireplace along with two new furry rats, I have to admit it is making me want to start indoor decorating.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm with yall. The Halloween stuff is coming down stairs starting this weekend! It's a long weekend for me to remember all the things I have and what I feel I still need! And I would leave your curio like that all year long!! My kitchen is always Halloween, all year long!

·
Registered
931 Posts
So I'm in that lovely state of severe sleep deprivation, yet massive caffeine intake is happening... and this thread just made so very very excited. I can't believe I get to really start doing halloween things this weekend! YAAAY!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,789 Posts
Yeah...umm....I haven't cleaned up from last Halloween OR Christmas so right now one room in our basement looks like BOTH threw up several times. Hard.:D:D

Question Gris:

Top pic, top shelf, there are 2 pumpkins with big white eyes & a couple of cats, one there on the right, they're paper right? They look like these guys. They're a repro string I bought from Etsy, they're smaller & printed or backed with a felt like fabric. I was wondering when I'm googling or Ebaying what do I need to search for?

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
This is pathetic.

There is no self control here, just ghoulish obsessions and sick submissions to addiction. It isn't even Labor Day yet.
There is no shame here, no sense of awareness. This sort of behavior is indicative of a deranged mind, a warped view, a stance that reaches horrifying levels of indulgence and insensitivity to the seasons.

It looks so absurd. It looks so obscene.

... I'm so proud of you guys.

·
Registered
413 Posts
My husband would kill me. Halloween stuff is not supposed to go out before the kids go back to school(day after Labour Day), it needs to be down before my husband's birthday on November 13th, and only then can I start decorating for the Other Holiday. There can be no indoor shrubbery until Dec 1st.

Though I'd be lying if my fingers weren't itching to start dragging out my crates.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RCIAG your repros are replicating german embossed die cuts from 30s very simular to what I own. In my cabinet I have embossed HE Luhrs American die cuts from 30s era. Luhrs was an artist who later married into the Beistle family and became the CEO of Beistle in his father in laws place. So a Luhrs piece really is just considered an early Beistle Co piece. I hope that info helps

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would leave these up year round but I transition from vintage toys, Halloween and Christmas throughout the year ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
My costco skelly has been sitting at the kitchen table since I got him at the end of last month. I change his clothes every now and then or move him to a different seat. Does that count?

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have not opened any of the Halloween boxes but the new things we bought or made never found their way into a box. The new Grandin Rd dog and Costume Shop cat are on my fireplace along with two new furry rats, I have to admit it is making me want to start indoor decorating.
You have to wait until I get back from vacation!!! No decorating without me!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts