Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I woke up. I like to sleep in since im a teen. lol.

I woke up, and my dad told me to come outside, something happened... I did..

When I go out, our whole 4 hour work of a dot rom... It was slashed. Someone Snapped one of the wood supports in half, broke the mirror, and sliced the sheeting. It can be repaired, thank god. But do I keep it up? I may not even want to do halloween anymore. I dont understand, im only 15, I wouldnt ever do something like that. What do I do? My dad is shocked =[

I live in a good area too! Im so upset!? :(

·
Banned
535 Posts
Could it of been a animal that did this i only ask because around here the more business they build the more animals we get they have no place to go. We had a deer just few hundred feet from our house. Well what ever it is i wouldnt let some peabrain ruin it for me if it was human.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I live in a nice area as well, but I still fear that someone will steal/damage my stuff as well. I'm stuck bringing ALL my props/stones in EVERY NIGHT (about 60 items), as some of my things are way expensive, and irreplacable. This sucks for me, but i'd be a lot more upset finding things stolen.

·
Banned
535 Posts
I dont recomend asking around at school at all if these people are mean enough to do what they did theres no telling what hell they can bring upon you at school fights, rumors, made fun of constantly. Sometimes its best to just fix and look the other way. School is stressful enough dont need anything else to worry about.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
No matter were ya live,good area or not there are those that are jealous & will destroy what they can't have or do. Willing to bet that it is a kid(s) in your school
that heard what you are doing & just have to be little punks...... they will get they'ers down the line.That does suck dude,but don't give them the opportunity to feel they won ! rebuild,
but i would wait till fri to put it up,as I'm sure they will come back.But remember,you are doing this for the people that enjoy halloween & what you do for the ToTers with your time & creativity !!

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
I live in a nice area as well, but I still fear that someone will steal/damage my stuff as well. I'm stuck bringing ALL my props/stones in EVERY NIGHT (about 60 items), as some of my things are way expensive, and irreplacable. This sucks for me, but i'd be a lot more upset finding things stolen.
Yep, yep, yep ... same here. Every night.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Sorry to hear about the damage to your hard work. I agree with Dark Lord.'s post...Rebuild! Don't let one idiot ruin your halloween and show them you can't be stopped!

·
Pumpkin w/ BIG stem
895 Posts
WOW!! well it was probably a teen that did it so it shouldnt be too hard to find out who did it...so i would try asking people or setting up a security camera...sorry for what happened.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sorry to hear about the damage to your hard work. I agree with Dark Lord.'s post...Rebuild! Don't let one idiot ruin your halloween and show them you can't be stopped!
Same here. Rebuild. If you don't, they win. :(

I'm sorry you had to deal with this. If you can, look into getting a motion lght setup up. They can be had pretty cheap at Walmart, Home Depot, etc and will light the place up if somebody comes near again. Vandals don't tend to like being that exposed.

Good luck and I hope you have no further incidents.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
That's terrible that people cannot decorate their property without having to worry about things being destroyed. I would rebuild it if you have the time, but wait till it's closer to Halloween, or if you have someplace you can store everything until then.
I agree with not asking people at school. Maybe if you have a few close friends you can ask to keep their ears open, but I wouldn't actively try to find out info on your own because you more than likely won't get anyone admitting to damaging property.

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but don't let it ruin your Halloween.

And you should put up signs saying " No Tresspassing. Video Cameras in use. "
just to make them think twice.
Or use some bright spotlights covering your whole yard, placed WAY up high, where no one can reach them.

·
Registered
142 Posts
if real video cameras are too expensive, you could try using fake video cameras. I know some online stores sell them, like the one where I got my pepper spray from.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about the vandalism. Just two weeks ago someone found their way into my car and stole my Ipod. My car was in my driveway and I live in a great neighborhood. It seems that no matter where you go there is always someone that will wreck your stuff. I hate to be pessimistic, but that's how I feel. I am going to decorate my yard the night before and the night of, that's it. I would rather rock the yard haunt much more, but I like all of my stuff and don't want it snatched.

So, I just flood my house with decor to make up for it, haha!

However, I think that you should rebuild. That might be the best way to keep your spirits up; I know that it's hard when someone violates your creation and you privacy like that. They may think that they have gotten the best of you, but if you rebuild, then your yard-wreckers will know that they have lost.

Best of luck!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts