Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 was a sad and great year for me. It's taken me this long to finally find my passion. This year I made Jack- a zombie who was inspired by a youtube video I saw online (really liked the stance the guy used as well as the crutch) I kind of took the idea and ran with it- creating a charred/burnt Jack you see below. I am very happy with how he turned out so far though I quickly lost steam once the weather of the week of Halloween was rain, rain and MORE rain- therefore ruining any hopes I had of setting him out for display. this loss of steam soon lead to me not finishing his hands...no worries tho- I will be working on those as soon as we get into temps that are above zero.

SO I decided I wanted to post him here.... let me know what you think. There's a couple pre-paint pics as well as the painted one.

Jack1.jpg

Jack2.jpg

Jack3.jpg

·
Registered
454 Posts
Wicked bro,wicked!!

·
Registered
854 Posts
For some strange reason, I was half expecting a corpsed out version of Jack - of the Jack-in-the-Box fast food fame.
I'm not disappointed by your Jack by any stretch of the imagination. He is one creepy zombie! The eyes have it!
HM

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think it's great! I really like the "peeling" flesh look. What corpsing technique did you use? I've only corpsed one skelly last year using the plastic wrap/heat gun method. While I think it looks o.k. I want to try other ways. I look at it as "different levels of decomposition"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you so much! The eyes and the teeth are hand painted. The eyes are actually a ping pong ball I cut in half with a Dremel. I wanted them to look gross, but still drawn in the attention....looks like I managed to pull that off. As for the skin- I'm old school. I prefer to work with paper mache. it's a mixed combination of newspaper and paper towels. Using paper towels was new to me but really seemed to hold the "chicken skin" texture that I was looking for close up. Wish everyone could see the tongue better.... it has actual taste buds ( which creeped everyone out when I would pull it out of his mouth and throw it at them... completely worth the screams lol) I'm constantly looking around for textures, ideas and unconventional materials that are cheap. I do a lot of wandering around Lowes and such looking for stuff but the paper towels were idea for skin. Just have to wet them before you put the paper mache mixture on them.

Thank you so much everyone for all your feedback and compliments. really means the world to me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am Jack's unwavering jealousy.

p.s

I can only assume that the title of the thread was inspired by Fight Club.

you are absolutely correct. This ( for whatever reason) was what I kept mumbling as I made him. " I am Jack's gingivitis", " I am jacks decomposing flesh", etc.... it was a love/hate relationship...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts