Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rolleyes: Yep, even before I knew about HF (and some strong opinions, LOL), I got some inflatables off of Craigslist. Ever since I've been a junkie & cannot seem to control myself (eeek!). Try to get most of them at a discount/used price, but I'm already chomping at the bit wanting Lowe's to hurry up & stock the new Fire & Ice Dragon to go with the one I got last year.

PLEASE POST YOUR INFLATABLE PICTURES! :D:D

Over the years here are some that I've set up.

halloween1.jpg
halloween2.jpg
HauntedHouse.jpg
Halloweencat.jpg
carinflatable.jpg
Halloween3.jpg
halloweentree.jpg
CastleInflatable.jpg
Skullinflatable.jpg
Halloween1.jpg
Halloween.jpg
Halloween4.jpg
Halloween5.jpg
Halloween2.jpg

Attachments

·
>^..^<
797 Posts
Ooh, closeup of the skull! Don't blow my cover on certain other pickin' on certain somebody threads ;), but I really like that skull. The dead-family hearse is a good one too.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Hey, be true to yourself, I say! :D
Inflatables have never been my thing but I know if they'd been popular when my kids were little, we would have had at least one. Face it, whatever adults feel about them, kids LOVE 'em!
Wave your inflatable flag proud!

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Rock on HallowweenKat!! Your display is wonderful!
I'm not a junkie. I'm more of a recreational user. ;) But proud of it!
Little kids love them. They are fun and fantastic.
No one type of decor could or should 'own' the Halloween Spirit!!

I'll fly my freak flag with you. :D Here's some of mine.

1 (7).jpg Cemetery (20).jpg best front (8).jpg Front Door (16).jpg best 1 (3).jpg Monster Party (14).jpg Monster Party (26).jpg
best (8).jpg

·
Registered
531 Posts
Rock on HallowweenKat!! Your display is wonderful!
I'm not a junkie. I'm more of a recreational user. ;) But proud of it!
Little kids love them. They are fun and fantastic.
No one type of decor could or should 'own' the Halloween Spirit!!

I'll fly my freak flag with you. :D Here's some of mine.
Hilda, I can only imagine what your yard would look like if you were a junkie!!! I love the pics from both you and HallowweenKat.

I usually put up one or two Halloween inflatables in my yard display each year, but none as cool as some of yours. I get scolded for killing the grass if I try to set up more inflatables! Now you all are making me want to run out and buy another inflatable (like the fire and ice or projection ones). :)

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,985 Posts

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Thanks Madjoodie!! I have more too. haha I will admit to having favorites.
I ran out of room and had to stop buying a few years ago. Some of the new ones with the color changing and such are pretty neat!

RCIAG. I honestly have no idea. I am totally out of the loop on inflatables and blowmolds the past year. I've been working on creepy interior stuff.
I purchased this one at Walgreens. If that helps. Good luck on your hunt!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,985 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone! I try to do something different each year but do have favorites that I repeat.

Hilda, I love your set up & inflatable choices. The autumn leaves are also a treat to see since I don't get those fall colors much on my big oak tree.

RCIAG --- Jack Skellington inflatable from Walgreens last year cost me $60 plus tax, so hopefully you can find one in that price range.

·
Registered
336 Posts
OMG....I see an Inflatable Only Forum (IOF) spin off taking members from both the Halloween and the Christmas forums. Will the non-inflatable owners (a little white lie for many of us) be able to be members? Sharing fabric patterns, combining 2 inflatables into a custom inflatable, custom inflatables to cover a whole house, etc..... :)
But until that site opens I have some questions, as I found the post of NOT using a cleaner, important info!
What is the life of (number of days outside) of the average inflatable. One of the Christmas Extremes, the family had a couple of acres of inflatables and they spoke about re-sewing the seems? I would assume as long as stored dry (to prevent mold), storage can be attic, basement, garage or shed, unlike some of the latex props. Do you keep inflated 24/7 or allow to deflate over night...which is one of my anit-inflatables (Christmas or Halloween) when they are laying on the ground.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,985 Posts
RCIAG --- Jack Skellington inflatable from Walgreens last year cost me $60 plus tax, so hopefully you can find one in that price range.
I see him on the Walgreens site but there's none available. I'll keep checking this year but I have a feeling that, with my luck, he won't be made anymore.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Here's a question for all you users of inflatables: Is it bad to leave them inflated all the time or do you have to shut them down for a certain number hours a day? I ask because it seems everyone around here that uses them only inflate them at night so in the daytime if you drive by they're just lying dead and flattened all over the lawn. Not a good look, especially the house that has 15-20 on their lawn for each holiday. What's your solution?

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Here's a question for all you users of inflatables: Is it bad to leave them inflated all the time or do you have to shut them down for a certain number hours a day? I ask because it seems everyone around here that uses them only inflate them at night so in the daytime if you drive by they're just lying dead and flattened all over the lawn. Not a good look, especially the house that has 15-20 on their lawn for each holiday. What's your solution?
How much money do you want to spend on electricity? That's how I would look at it.

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
The manufacturer suggests they not be run 24 hours a day.
I will be honest, and say that I can't stand how dirty and twisted and sometimes ripped they get from inflating and deflating (at least on my rugged terrain, I don't have a manicured lawn I am placing them on). So I wait until two weeks prior to Halloween. They are the very last decorations to go up and then I plug them in and let them run 24/7 for 14 days. Then they are the first things to get unplugged, dried out and packed away.
It's funny how 'loud' it is out there during those two weeks. LOL :D

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
OMG....I see an Inflatable Only Forum (IOF) spin off taking members from both the Halloween and the Christmas forums. Will the non-inflatable owners (a little white lie for many of us) be able to be members? Sharing fabric patterns, combining 2 inflatables into a custom inflatable, custom inflatables to cover a whole house, etc..... :).
There were several inflatables forums years ago. I belonged to two of them. One was sponsored by Gemmy. It was a great resource. Unfortunately, I guess it just was not worth the cost of upkeep for the forum owners. They both closed.

I do enjoy inflatables displays. I found it a very lovely online community too.

One of my favorite inflatables displays is Twisted Vegas. Lee and Laura Yarbrough are really nice people and do a nice job for charity in their community.
http://www.twistedvegas.com/h2014.php

1 - 20 of 53 Posts