Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, DH and I woke up at about 4 a.m. this morning to the sound of one of our plastic outside decorations rolling off down the street. Winds are 85-95 mph and we have been up since removing all our tombstones and the like. Even my fences up and went rolling down the street. GRRR! Now I know why some of you don't put stuff up until the day before and such. We normally have these chinooks, but I really thought since it snowed a bit last week, we escaped it. Boy, was I wrong!

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,182 Posts
oh wind why do you torment us so.....

last year we were supposed to have two sails on our broken mast from the pirate ship.... one got blown off after it had two deck screws put in it

the year before we tried to put the mast up on the roof with a large sail.... it came crashing down 5 min after it went up.; not damaging anything or hurting anyone thankfully

this year we aren't doing pirates (only repeated haunt display we've done) so the wind shouldn't be much of a problem :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Cylonfrogqueen and I can definitely relate to the weather woes. The weatherman says We are going to have great weather. It's wind, rain, lightning, and hale, this whole week has been a grab bag of all the above. We will try to get some out this weekend and see what happens. Good luck with Yours.

·
Registered
15 Posts
wind causes us problems as well ... it blows out the tiki torches .... it has blown things off of the roof .... it has sent out skeleton we hang flying ... we are down to half a skeleton now i think

·
Pumpkin w/ BIG stem
895 Posts
well yesterday i was working in garage on my columns and a hear a sound like screeching tires and i walk to the front yard and my coffin lid and fallen backwards and slid down one of the tombstones, didt hurt it badly but it gave it pazaz!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ah, the always forgotten about curse of the haunter. W.I.N.D

That nightmare happened to me last year. Now, through those painful lessons, everything is designed for the wind.
Exactly. Here in Michigan, it's ALWAYS windy in October. If you don't design for it, you will pay for it! :)

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
That stinks! At least you heard them rolling away before some people down the street claimed them. I've never had much of a wind problem unless it's storming really bad, but luckily that doesn't happen often.

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
Yes, the wind sucks! I woke up this morning to one pillar down, one tombstone down, greenery everywhere, gravedigger's hat down the block, etc etc. Now we have fires.... some happy A-hole with some matches. So now we'll get covered in ash......October in So Cal kind of bites. The only good thing is it's not hot....but who knows about tomorrow... I hope everyone is weathering well.

·
aka Halloweenqueen
1,435 Posts
:mad:I wish I could record the wind right now. It sounds like a freight train racing across the mountain! I've already been out twice to recover things down the street. I had a tombstone break in half this evening. My Bluckies are in pieces.

I'm so damn pissed. I can only imagine what I'll wake up to. :mad:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Well fortunately, we've weathered the wind okay since we are so late getting up the display. We are literaly just framing right now due to DH knee injury. Wish us luck!

·
aka Halloweenqueen
1,435 Posts
I woke up this morning to find my haunt sign in two pieces, down the street. Seven tombstones had been ripped from their stakes. Two tombstones were ruined. Skeleton parts are everywhere.

I'm so glad I didn't put out the "pirate ship" parts. They would have been destroyed.

The thing that is taking all this bad weather/wind is my piling fence. I'm very surprised.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,854 Posts
Another wind casualty here.

My hubby called me to say that our giant skelly that hangs from our roof peak was lying in the driveway. The ropes broke that hold him up there.

It's a 20 something foot peak, and my poor hubby has to get up there AGAIN in a few days to put the skully back... but we're using metal rings and hooks this time.

Oh, and it's HOT and HUMID here... high 80s and feels like a sauna. I hope the wind is actually a front moving this nasty weather out. :mad:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts