Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, here is the new prop I built this month for the Haunt Nation Magazine “Hacked” contest. The goal of the contest was to take 8 - 10 pre-determined items and build them into a prop.

The items included PVC pipe, paper towel roll, string, hot glue, aluminum foil, great stuff, pool noodle, cheap skull, glass jar, plastic spooky eyes.

I used all 10 items to build my new prop that I have titled “Hydrotherapy”. Hope ya like it!

10492453_1454452911470367_410803158699694004_n.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! They do have prizes for this contest, like a latex mask and some other stuff. But I just really do it for the fun and because it's really helpful for me to have deadlines or otherwise I procrastinate like crazy! It looks like they have currently extended the deadline until next month, but luckily I have already considered this finished! I can’t wait to see all the awesome entries people come up with!!

I am going to try and post a build video for this either tonight or tomorrow and will link it here. Thanks again, I'm happy you guys like it! :)

Matrixmom - I'll measure it when I get home but I estimate it's about 2.5' - 3' feet wide, 1.5' feet deep and roughly 14-16" inches tall at it's highest point. For the photo it was sitting on a card table and didn't stretch across the entire thing. The skull I used was a little smaller than normal so it would fit into my tank but the eyes are to scale (about 26mm).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! Here is the link to the build video for this prop. It's not a straight up tutorial but covers most of the steps and techniques involved in the build to help answer some of the questions people have had about how it was made. I will try my best to answer any other questions people might have if they want to build their own version or similar style Mad Scientist type props!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys!! Jobbyci, for the bubbles I am using a fish tank / aquarium air stone. You can get small ones for about a buck. The one I am using is a wrap around bendable one that cost $10 bucks, it’s about 18” inches long. You would also need an aquarium pump but for just a bubble effect you could get a small $5 dollar one on Amazon.

Yes Doto! I found out I won which was awesome! Unfortunately Haunt Nation Magazine closed shortly thereafter and didn’t get to publish the article I had written up on the prop but I published it on Garage of Evil in its entirety if you are looking for additional tips on this build. Thanks! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts