Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Gidget Morris and i live in Australia. in 2002 i visited a friend in Salinas, California. it was during halloween, and at this time i new very little about this tradtion. well, now i am hooked!!! only problem is halloween in Australia is not very big and i have trouble finding any props to buy here. i do plan on returning to the usa for halloween 2010, not sure where yet, have to decide where the best place is to visit where i can see a lot of haunts as well as buy up big. i love this site as i need all the ideas i can get to make my halloween parties a sucess. my theme is always a cemetry. and i add to it as often as i can. i am not very handy with power tools, but, will give anything a try once. so any ideas are greatly appreciated. to give you an example of my handy work........i made a life size coffin, was going to put a lid on it, but, it was so badly made and not to proportions that a lid just was not possible, so now i have an open coffin..........any ways enough about me, am going to scour this site for more great ideas. keep them coming!!!!!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEENING ALL!!!!!!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
hi gidget, Welcome to the forum.
I don't know of any other members here from "Down under", so you may well be unique in your antipodean-ness.
As for prop availability, we have the same problem here in the UK. The few props which are available commercially tend to be expensive and poor quality. It tends to be a general thing outside of the U.S as far as I can tell.
You will meet many talented people here. Most, if not all of them will be only too glad to offer any help and advice you may need in any aspect of haunting, and you will find many step-by step tutorials which will help you create some great looking stuff for your haunt. You will also get great advice on haunt music, lighting, make up...the whole nine yards.

Stick around and enjoy the madness.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
welcome gidget, love your name. when i was younger there were movies about a girl named gidget. they were cute movies. so since you are new here let me intoduce you to one of my favorite threads, the cemetary thread started by monster mash
http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/69886-your-cemetery-11.html
you will also find party threads and great ideas there. next thing you know you will be in a building frenzy, cause like sami said there are many tuitorials on here and we're not talking cheesy stuff either.

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
Welcome to the forum, did you say " have trouble finding any props to buy here",thats no excuse not to do Halloween,not that you were saying that, the best props are the ones you make yourself. I love the homemade props people make here, you are more than welcome to steal their ideas. I SAID SO!!!!

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Heya gidget welcome to the forum. If you have trouble finding props there in the land down under dont despair, like the good baron said earlier you will find alot of help here and in no time you will be making your own stuff. You can use any ideas that you find on this forum because Wristslitter said so.Hope you enjoy your time here and learn alot.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Woohoo! A Halloween ambassador to Australia! Her Spookiness, Ambassador Gidget...

See if that will get you out of a parking ticket!!
Or into a free cup of coffee...

Welcome in Gidget - always great to have more Halloween fanatics!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts