Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
livin Halloween every day
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using wig heads to try and make Human Jack o' lantern heads and trying to figure out the best way to make them look more realistic. Not exactly sure what materials to use that will work well with the Styrofoam wig head. I want to make the top of the heads cut open like a pumpkin, and give them a dead, severed head look. I am going to put battery operated pumpkin lights in them so there will be no heat on the foam. I am wondering about using Model Magic for features, or if it would be better to use toilet paper and wood glue, or toilet paper and liquid latex. I just don't want them to be cheesy looking, to not look like a painted wig head. Any ideas please pass them along.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you're asking how to incorporate the wig head into a pumpkin I would find a foam pumpkin (like from Joann's fabrics or Michael's) or maybe you have one from a previous Halloween, and cut out a shape big enough to "implant" the head so the face is sticking out- use mache to fill in around any voids so it looks like a face and pumpkin are a single head. Then cut off the top and do your foam job, remembering that you want to put a light under the "brains". Or if you are up to it, create your own mache pumpkin around a wig head.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts