Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on new scarecrow...surprise...no pumpkinheads this time. More of a human look.

2.jpg

just a wig stand with jaw cut off, a previous years skull jaw inserted, a ping pong eye and some paper clay sculpting

1.jpg

painting in progress, burlap strips dredged in mache glue wrapped around

Body will be a a combo of vines and limbs but mostly hidden by clothing. Obviously this isn't anything new, just my take on a classic.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Goin to cut some of the burlap to reveal more facial detail, lighten the eye, add rope around neck, highlight burlap....oh and then build the body. I love scarecrows....

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
patch wip3.jpg

Probably able to see this better, need to touch up paint on face and eye especially, shadow burlap some, hat........, add more clothing, might give him some indication of pants, overcoat......mayyyyybe, don't want to copy Rots Johnny Appleseed too blatantly.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you all very much! Glad he's being well received, my initial plan was to use a ragged top hat sort of thing but I'm not sure now. Won't work on it again until tomorrow evening. We'll see where it goes and Thank you again, I draw so much inspiration from all of you here at HF, best one on the web IMO.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So cool! This is the first year we've used a scarecrow. Also made our own. That actually looks like the same hat we are using for ours. Can't wait to see the finished piece.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts