Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

It's been a long time since I've been on the forum and a lot has been happening... Anyways, I am moving out of state and am selling my ENTIRE Halloween collection. This includes the stuff I've built.

If you know someone that lives in upstate NY, be sure to tell them about it. Here's a link that I placed on Craig's List:
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/gms/4549217449.html

Thanks

·
Ghouls Rule
2,584 Posts
You Sir, are an artist :) You have some amazing things and Im sorry to hear that you need to sell your stuff. This is the obligatory post that always pops up for sales like this :) would you ship anything you dont sell at the garage sale? I would like the witches if yes. :) Or even just the pumpkin face stack (next to the coffin cabinet). That thing would look great in my headless horseman theme. Anywho, good luck on your sale!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
It's about a 40-45 minute ride for me. I'm really thinking about it as I'm eyeballing the stocks and guillotine but I'm afraid I'll end up with more stuff that I don't have any room for.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only reason that I'm selling my stuff is because it would require two tractor trailers to move it all. Plus, once I get to get to where I'm going, I would have to PAY for storage until I get established. I plan on making NEW items when I get there.

Sorry, I won't ship. I really don't have the extra time. The stuff that's left over from all the sales we are having (we have household sales to do yet) will be donated to some lucky haunter in my area that does haunts for charity.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's about a 40-45 minute ride for me. I'm really thinking about it as I'm eyeballing the stocks and guillotine but I'm afraid I'll end up with more stuff that I don't have any room for.
You probably WILL end up with more stuff... I just added a bunch more tables to be able to display everything. It will be priced to sell!!! I have too much. Today is Monday and I still have two more places to unpack and get priced. We will probably still be pricing stuff when you get here....

When I say this is a HUGE Halloween yard sale, I meant it. I have a huge yard and it is getting fuller and fuller....The sale is 99% Halloween stuff.

Even if you can't buy a lot of stuff, bring your camera and take all the pictures you want. If you want to know how I did something, just ask. I will probably be the one crying to see my stuff go.. :-(

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really want the Coffin book shelf. Dang and I do not live anywhere close to get it.
If you like the book case, you should have seen the coffin wine cabinet that I made for my daughter. I'll never make another one...To many angles to deal with!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
It sucks to have to get rid of things :(
u have a grand collection!!
its a good drive for me, but when u say things are priced to sell can u give me an example
like how much is the lifesize jason ?
thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It sucks to have to get rid of things :(
u have a grand collection!!
its a good drive for me, but when u say things are priced to sell can u give me an example
like how much is the lifesize jason ?
thanks
I was thinking about starting out at $60 and as the sale progresses, the price will get lower. I doubt if he'll still be there on Sunday. Hope to see you here...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I may make the trek from Hamilton Ontario for this one! What other Lifesize ones do you have?:D
I have 3 witches (not counting the ones on the cemetery pillars, a big talking skeleton, the butler, Jason and a couple of nice ones that I made (static).

I also have about 10 Marino 3D wall pictures which are highly collectable (look them up). There is too much to list!!

·
Ghouls Rule
2,584 Posts
If anyone going to his sale is willing to ship me the pumpkin face stack (next to the coffin cabinet) please pm me. Id really like that, also the witches life size, at least the one in red/black. :3

·
Registered
13 Posts
After a year of lurking on here, this yard sale finally forced me to make my first post. I saw this and it looks too good to be true! Still debating if I should go, I live 55 minutes away. I'm just afraid the prices might be too steep for a college student like me and everything would be too big for my car. At least I have a few days to think about it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After a year of lurking on here, this yard sale finally forced me to make my first post. I saw this and it looks too good to be true! Still debating if I should go, I live 55 minutes away. I'm just afraid the prices might be too steep for a college student like me and everything would be too big for my car. At least I have a few days to think about it.
If 10 or 25 cents and even $1 for some things are too steep for you I don't know what else to say? Not everything I have is hand-made. I have TONS of what I like to call "smalls". These are purchased items that I've picked up over the years.

I don't know if you miss-read the ad, it says that we are moving out of state. If I take it with us, we would have to rent a couple of tractor trailers to haul everything.
I am not out to cheat anybody and in return, I don't want to be cheated either. If I try to hold out for the high dollars, I will probably get stuck holding the item.

I don't think you will be disappointed. It's up to you? I hope to see you here... Be sure to introduce yourself if you come... Bring your camera too.. You might want to build something later (take pictures) or you can ask me how I built it... If I'm not running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, we'll sit down and chat.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Just curious about one thing. Being from the same area you're probably all to familiar with cloudy rainy days. Right now you're looking good but that could change in a heartbeat. Is this an outdoor sale rain or shine?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just curious about one thing. Being from the same area you're probably all to familiar with cloudy rainy days. Right now you're looking good but that could change in a heartbeat. Is this an outdoor sale rain or shine?
It is BOTH outdoor and "garage" sale. I have 1 acre of lawn and it's almost full. I also have a large patio to protect some stuff. We are hoping for NO RAIN, but the sale will go on regardless. If it does rain, those that come out will not be disappointed.

Right now, my lawn is saturated. I'm just hoping it'll dry out before Friday.

This is going to be the "mother of all Halloween yard sales." I still have three more storage areas to empty, unpack and price. I may not get it all priced by Friday but it will be out even if I have to stay up all night.

Hope to see you here....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey, just saw this posting, too late for the sale :( You mentioned having more household sales potentially? Any Halloween stuff left, that you may have another sale for? I live over 2 hours away (in the Finger Lakes), but I'd be willing to make the drive if there's still stuff!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey, just saw this posting, too late for the sale :( You mentioned having more household sales potentially? Any Halloween stuff left, that you may have another sale for? I live over 2 hours away (in the Finger Lakes), but I'd be willing to make the drive if there's still stuff!
Yes, I'll be having a couple more sales. There is some Halloween stuff left over, including the electric chair. I'm not sure it's worth your drive at this point.

In my opinion, the yard sale was a success. I think everybody was happy with my prices. No one seemed to complain. It was sad to see my stuff go...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts