Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopping in here first to say hello. I've run across the forum a number of times over the last few years when Googling one idea or another but never bothered to stop in, register, and take part. Figured that should change.

I'm in my mid 40's and have been building Halloween props/decorations as an untrained novice since I was a kid. Pretty decent at some things, but when it comes to animatronics or the like I'm a complete newbie and that's kind of why I'm here.

I plan on poling around the forum for a while reading and hopefully get the lay of the land a bit and try to get a feel for what's here and where to find things before jumping in and asking questions that may have already been answered a ton.

Looking forward to learning from you all!
Thanks, GT

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Welcome. This is a great group of haunters. Everyone is supportive and helpful, no matter what level of haunting you happen to be at. It is a very unique forum experience!

Eric

Reactions: GeauxTigerTM

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't worry about asking questions that may have already been answered, if it's a topic that has been covered, someone here can likely point you to past threads faster and easier than you can find them on your own
That's good to hear! My "home" forum (a sports forum with other variant boards) kind of frowns on asking questions like that if there's a good shot that the question has been asked previously.

That being said...let me ask...is there a thread or board here that is dedicated to nothing but work in progress builds, or How To type things? Or is it more likely just to be found generally in the main prop section? I'd love to roll though a bunch of threads that are specifically How To's of various things!

Thanks in advance!
GT

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I found this site last hear in the exact same way you did...doing various Google searches and stumbling upon this place but never taking the time to register and join in. I finally did last year, and can't believe I didn't do it sooner. Since most of my friends think I'm crazy for going all out for Halloween, it's great to be in like-mind company!

So a big welcome! :)

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
People Crowd Album cover Black-and-white Fictional character

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome! To answer your question, most WIP's can be found in the Props or Tut's threads. More good stuff in the General Crafts thread as well. You can also try the search bar for specific things; scarecrow, castle wall, vortex tunnel, etc. I also like to search the Gallery photos-some people are shy and do not post their work on the main threads. I can say, fellow haunters are generous with sharing and advice, so ask away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts