Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up that the HSN channel will be airing the Haunted House Presented by Grandin Road in less than 4 hours from now. It runs 2 hours. More segments (most 2 hours long) will air through out Tuesday. Check the HSN schedule at their website. If you don't get cable or satellite, you can watch it online live. However their website says it doesn't work with Apple--I'm on a Mac and it doesn't work with Safari or Firefox browsers--too bad HSN's web designers can't conform with modern web standards--QVC's can!!

BTW this is a home shopping type of program. They select maybe 5 or so products to present and demo during each hour. You can view a number of the products on their website.

If you go to the Program Guide (set it for your time zone) and click on the details for the program you can see which products they will actually be presenting.

Here's a link to the website:

https://www.hsn.com/

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see that Gemmy's Drake the Pirate will air during the first hour $179.95 at Event Pricing (5am ET/2am PT). Pretty sure "event pricing" means that's the price until midnight. I think I remember some people still looking for him so they might be interested in checking it out.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Ha, there was nothing on and I jumped on the laptop. So I know what to watch now, thanks

·
Registered
719 Posts
I watched the first 45min or so.....nothing but cutesy Halloween stuff and junk.....I am so disappointed in the Halloween items this year......sigh

Are the HSN hosts always that annoying?

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I liked Drake the Pirate the best. I didn't think the price was too bad and it was nice they split the cost into 3 payments if you needed. The spider larvae and webbed body were pretty nice looking although I've seen some great stuff done here on the forum too. The bubble fogger sold out. A number of places are carrying it this year for less so I was a bit surprised by the sell out. The remote witch had a nice action going on there but I would want to change her shoulders. Did they ever mention that the music was from Midnight Syndicate? So many people know who they are and I thought it should have been a selling point. I thought the music set was a decent price for all 4 and might have bought myself except I already owned 2 of the 4. I was pretty sleepy watching it and only caught about an hour and half of it. Will watch the rest on FF on Tivo later probably. I thought the HSN set looked nice and actually liked that projector flying ghost thing that they had going on there. Probably not an item for sale. I thought the host/hostess were okay---too perky for me for the hour on however. Tough job trying to say the same thing over and over in a slightly different way to fill in the time until the next item comes up. I can talk but there would probably be dead air if I were the hostess.

Another 2 hours tonight (well pacific time that is-- 11 pm - 1 am; early morning for eastern time zone folk--2 am to 5 am).

·
Registered
719 Posts
that bubble fogger is a lot cheaper at Target. I didnt see the drake pirate tho. You could make the spider eggs pretty easily too. I didnt care for the witch, falls in to that hoaky/cutesy halloween category........I the CD's were pretty cool tho.

I was having a hard time watching those two hosts tho, they were too over the top annoying for me.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I was switching channels and ran into this. I just love seeing any Halloween stuff on tv, it's just fun. I ended up buying a fiber optic lighted tapestry with black cats and pumpkins. We just love cats and the fiber optics were subtle, not overdone like on most fiber optic props. No idea where we will put it because it matches nothing of our decor, but it was too cute to pass up.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Nice show...nice stuff, just aheads up the pirate skelly on the show is not Drake as in Dead Eye Drake like the one I got. Mine has a patch over one eye and the other eye socket lights up as seen in my avatar and profile albums (mine does come with a mic too so you can talk through him).Also my skull is more aged looking (or more corpsed) as well as my pirate arm with the sword goes up and down and his did not. The one on the show was never called Drake till GR starting carrying it. So hopefully I clear up some confusion.Most people here are looking for Dead Eye Drake like mine. Got all my show recordings set so should be good and love the set there on.

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice show...nice stuff, just aheads up the pirate skelly on the show is not Drake as in Dead Eye Drake like the one I got. Mine has a patch over one eye and the other eye socket lights up as seen in my avatar and profile albums (mine does come with a mic too so you can talk through him).Also my skull is more aged looking (or more corpsed) as well as my pirate arm with the sword goes up and down and his did not. The one on the show was never called Drake till GR starting carrying it. So hopefully I clear up some confusion.Most people here are looking for Dead Eye Drake like mine. Got all my show recordings set so should be good and love the set there on.

You know I wondered about that. Thanks for posting about it. I guess it will be easy for people to remember Dead Eye Drake being the one with a dead eye and needing a patch to cover it.

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tish I liked that cat tapestry with the fiber optics. Liked the eyes and the stars in the sky. Tapestries aren't me, but I really thought that was a nice one. Let us know how it looks at night when you get it. Where will you put it?

BTW did HomeGoods have this early on in their stores? I could swear I saw it around somewhere. Looked through my pics but didn't see it but since it's not something that I would buy for myself not having a picture was understandable.

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Thanks for letting us know Ghost! Gonna record tomorrow. I'll try on my Mac at work tomorrow, see if I can figure something out, will post if I do.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Tish I liked that cat tapestry with the fiber optics. Liked the eyes and the stars in the sky. Tapestries aren't me, but I really thought that was a nice one. Let us know how it looks at night when you get it. Where will you put it?

BTW did HomeGoods have this early on in their stores? I could swear I saw it around somewhere. Looked through my pics but didn't see it but since it's not something that I would buy for myself not having a picture was understandable.
I don't remember seeing it at Home Goods but to be honest, just on it's own, not lit up I wouldn't have given it a second look. But it seems like something you might see there. I'm still unsure where I might put it, somewhere in the house, most likely over a door. I'm thinking the guest room which is just off the kitchen, you have to pass it when you walk through the kitchen to the back of the house. That way everyone can still see it even if it's not in a central spot.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think it was pretty good this year. The inflatables were decent looking compared to many others that are on the market, though I would never consider purchasing one. I liked the witch with the couldrin, it seemed like it was updated from the previous one. The remote control witch was pretty neat, except the huge shoulders it had. It looked like it was going to be playing football with the huge shoulders that looked like they had shoulder pad on them. I think the HSN Halloween show was better than QVC's. The hosts for HSN seemed like they were enjoying it alot more than QVC's host.

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There are 3 more hours of the Event left and they air tomorrow, Tuesday 22nd. Then prices go up for those items marked special event pricing (like Drake the Pirate).

9 am - 11 am ET / 6 am - 8 am PT
5 pm - 6 pm ET / 2 pm - 3 pm PT

Regarding the remote controlled witches, yes they definitely look like linebackers. I like them solely for the mobility however. I bought an RC white mouse either from HSN or QVC one halloween and loved it. Plan on using it for either my witch's table or a scientist lab. Never had a RC anything in my life before and just loved playing with it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts