Halloween Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow spookers!

I've been lurking for a while but it's time to join the madness. :)

I live in Western Australia where Halloween isn't really celebrated. Sure, a few kids will knock for candy but people don't decorate and they certainly don't set up haunts. I hope to change that in my sleepy little town with the aid of the FABULOUS contributors on this site. Everything will have to be built from scratch but that's most of the fun right?

Thanks for having me.

Cheers, Chilliboo!

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Hey Chilliboo! Welcome to the forums! :)

I'm betting you got to be pretty determined to keep the Halloween spirit in Australia...is it just coming around to Spring there?

I've always admired the home-built Halloween anyway ( time and the skills willing) so I *might* survive without the store bought props. But I'd miss things like sheets of styrofoam insulation for tombstones - that might not be handy in your part of the world.

Can't wait to hear what you got planned for this year - and learn more about Halloween in Australia. I'm guessing there's skeleton Koala's in every window. ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Chilliboo! I'm also from Western Australia :D Do you live in Perth?
We've done Halloween parties for the past.. maybe 5 years. It is certainly difficult to find good quality props and such, and extremely disheartening when you see something amazing and then realize you'll never be able to get it shipped here, but with a little imagination anything is possible :)
Can't wait to see what you come up with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts