Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is underground. There are "plugs" that can be removed or replaced that allow light to come into certain parts of the dark tunnels. There are a few movable walls to change the configuration.
Creating fear or wonder is helped by everyone entering being given a goblet... there is a mystery concoction in the goblet. Before you go in, you drink it all, quickly.
Tradition says when your goblet is empty that you throw it into a certain place where you will then hear it break into many pieces.
The Grand Finale for the tour suddenly brings you face-to-face with a large, ugly statue of a monster!
Everything I just described here existed about 2,000 years ago in South America.
The structure is still there, along with the huge pile of broken drink-holders.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
That sounds quite incredible. See, 'haunting' has been around since the dawn of time and anyone who so much as decorates is carrying on traditions from the past;)

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ancient Greeks also had something like this and their maze monsters are well known, Medusa,ex cetra.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had never heard the name of the people

My Brother told me this . I will ask him tomorrow and maybe even write down what he tells me. He knows So Much about archeology and ancient cultures that it is mind-boggling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts