Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am a new member to the forum although I have read it for the last couple years, I love all of your ideas and have used some myself. I am wanting to up my level this year and try to do a pirate ship attacking a castle (like Port Royal). I can't figure out the best way to turn the front of my house into the castle without breaking the bank and still have the "stone" look I want. I would love any ideas.

I have attached a pic of the front of the house (from last halloween). I want the castle to go up the 2 center columns, cover the gable, and then run across the roof line to the right side of the garage. I still need to be able to get my car in and out of the garage so weight and supports will be a concern. I plan to use old wood pallets to make the ship on the grass area. Help please :)

I hope I put this in the right forum

House.JPG

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you can get cheap upholstery foam up can easily carve stone shapes out of it. Depending on how thick it is it can be pretty light. My concern would be rain getting absorbed and it getting heavy/funky smelling. Painting them should help seal it but I'm not sure how much.

·
Registered
829 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts