Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys, 20 days to go! I'm eager for this special day of the year, and wanna have a spooky party with my friends. Unfortunately, I took a vacation in Thailand last month and now feel the pinch.:(However I wouldn’t like to let my friends down.

Definitely I have to reuse some decorations which I bought last year, but still need some beverages, props and costumes. Some items at local grocery stores are awesome but very expensive and out of my budget. My budget is about 60 to 80 bucks.

Do you guys have any ideas? Thanks!:D

·
Registered
80 Posts
You might want to throw a potluck. Have everyone bring a spooky eat or treat. Also maybe provide only some drinks and then if others want something else make it a byob. Also look into using some coupons. There are tons listed on retailmenot.com and also your local paper. Hope this helps. Good luck on your party

·
Registered
281 Posts
Agree with Spook-ella do a potluck and bring your own drinks--if your friends want to get together and party for Halloween they should be okay with that. Decorations and costumes--check out the dollar store, thrift stores, garage sales. Black spray paint is your friend in turning just about anything into Halloween. If you have a cheap fabric place near you--somewhere you can get material for a dollar or less a yard check it out for decorations. You can do all kinds of things with fabric --hanging it, draping it, cutting it into spooky shapes, adding it to costumes to customize them without sewing. Ten yards of material can go a long way! Just use your imagination and you should be able to pull off your party with your budget! One more thing--borrow Halloween items from friends or family--chances are they won't be using all of their things.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pot Luck/BYOB are great ideas. You could also see if a friend (or two) would go in with you to throw the party. Of course, that means everyone has to stick around and help with cleanup and everything too, but it could be done with the right like-minded friends.

·
The Greatest Pumpkin
752 Posts
Definitely do the BYOB and Potluck. Maybe provide a few snack items like chips and dip. For a simple decoration idea, you could attach black garbage/trash bags to the walls (rip open the sides so it's big) using painter's tape! I've done this a few times and it always looks pretty cool! You could make your own costume, or improvise using your own clothes. Buy some coloured party bulbs for sure! Red ones are usually pretty atmospheric, but any colour will work fine. Hope you have a great party! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You might want to throw a potluck. Have everyone bring a spooky eat or treat. Also maybe provide only some drinks and then if others want something else make it a byob. Also look into using some coupons. There are tons listed on retailmenot.com and also your local paper. Hope this helps. Good luck on your party
Great Ideas!!Thank you very much:D HAPPY Halloween;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definitely do the BYOB and Potluck. Maybe provide a few snack items like chips and dip. For a simple decoration idea, you could attach black garbage/trash bags to the walls (rip open the sides so it's big) using painter's tape! I've done this a few times and it always looks pretty cool! You could make your own costume, or improvise using your own clothes. Buy some coloured party bulbs for sure! Red ones are usually pretty atmospheric, but any colour will work fine. Hope you have a great party! :)
Got it, I will tear my strawhat as wing. Yeah,I will buy some led candles and party bulbs with bucks saved from the costume. I really appreciate your advise, thanks!!;)

·
Registered
408 Posts
You can also make your own creepy portraits by using your own picture frames and finding creepy images online like these--
http://hauntedportraits.com/gallery.htm
just print off the creepy version of the picture to fit your frame, works a treat IMO :)

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
There are also many posts in the crafts section with labels that your can print and add to bottles. Beware though you need to pay attention to sizes. I printed a bunch for wine bottles and they were too big. They need to be sized down.

I just did a search for creepy pictures and found lots to print out and fram---or put in a photo album to leave out on a table.

Buy the plastic clings at Dollar Tree or other similiar stores and cut them and tape over your exisiting pictures on your walls or over the front of dishwasher or oven door or micro and on fridge door.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts