Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My attic is my only storage space available for yard props and unfortunately, things tend to take quite a beating up there with the heat and over crowding. My tombstones got other things piled on top of them and some stuck together and some got indentations from the pvc on the backs, etc. i would love to be able top use rubbermaid totes like i do for so many things but it doesn't seem to work with the stones being many different sizes, plus they'd still get jammed together.

Do you have a tried and true storage method for your tombstones and other delicate props? I'd love to hear it!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I tie mine to my garage ceiling like Eerie said to do in your attic, it keeps them out of the way and safe. I just use some cardboard corner board on the tombstones so I can tie them tight without cutting the foam.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,936 Posts
I keep mine set on edge in a big tote. Some of my bigger ones I lay flat on top of the totes with the rest. I feel like the totes give them a little shielding from the attic heat and since they are packed tight in the tote there is little chance of warping. Me and Mrs. Nightfisher have been discussing getting a small steel shed just for holiday decorations.

·
the horror up North ...Eh
2,988 Posts
chips and dents add character to the stones.. with the lights off no one except you will know the dents are there . try storing a 12 foot x 12 foot styrofoam facade after a while you dont Give a crap about dings and scratches just paint over them

·
Registered
202 Posts
I put them all inside the biggest garbage bags I can find and then close the bag, tie rope to the bag and throw up the rope around a top beam , pull it up out of the way, and tie it to the side of the wall..then I can just untie it, let the rope slide and bag slide down and use it again.

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
I've been storing mine in the attic for years. I lean them all up right against a wall. Never had issues of sticking together or large indentations, couple paint chips here or there, but that was it. I did build my tombstones with a 1/2" backing of plywood so it does have additional support and I have stacked items on top of the standing tombstones without issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts