Halloween Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just tried out the Tronfy projector. It blows away the Home Depot projector. I would recommend just going with that and purchasing the Atmosfear videos separately.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I ended up soaking the shower curtain in a warm/hot bath for a few minutes. Took most of the wrinkles. I thought about making frames but I'm not really happy with the scenes playing in my windows. I have 3 windows each separated by about 4 inches and no matter which way I move the projector one of the scenes always ends up centered on the dead spot. I think I might just use my full length glass door and use the vertical scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just tried out the Tronfy projector. It blows away the Home Depot projector. I would recommend just going with that and purchasing the Atmosfear videos separately.

Thanks for the update. Did it seem bright enough? The reason I ask is because on Amazon the projector specs state ' 1200 International lumens which is equivalent to 120 U.S. lumens'. I didn't know there were 2 standards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the update. Did it seem bright enough? The reason I ask is because on Amazon the projector specs state ' 1200 International lumens which is equivalent to 120 U.S. lumens'. I didn't know there were 2 standards.
I just bought the aforementioned projector (Tronfy S1 LED International Version) specifically for Halloween, and it's perfectly adequate for the job. It's nowhere near my BenQ HT1075 that's my "daily driver" for watching TV (2200 lumens), but for $60, I'd totally buy it again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for the delay in my response. It is definitely brighter than the Home Depot one. I wouldn't mind it being even brighter but like SoulkeepHL just mentioned, it is pretty adequate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh, here's what it looks like in action running a Wicked Wraith scene:

The video makes my block seem darker than it is, the glow at the edge of the video is from a 60W equiv yellow CFL as a point of reference. It's projected onto some cheap white nylon cloth that I had lying around, and the screen size is ~120 inches diagonal (10').

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh, and to the International vs US lumens, there's no such thing. I'll go out on a limb and posit that "International" lumen rating is probably the rated output for the bare LED module that they're using to drive the display, and the "US" lumen rating would be the ANSI lumen rating (read: actual lumens).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh, and to the International vs US lumens, there's no such thing. I'll go out on a limb and posit that "International" lumen rating is probably the rated output for the bare LED module that they're using to drive the display, and the "US" lumen rating would be the ANSI lumen rating (read: actual lumens).
It looked bright enough in your video for me. I'm downloading the same 'Wicked Wraith' scene and can place projector anywhere from 3' to 12' back from window.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Switched the out the cloths I was projecting on to cheap white pva shower liners and then tried out some Zombies!:
Nice. That 'Zombie Swarm' was my 1st choice but was worried about the resolution of the cheaper projector and that it might need more detail than the 'ghosts' scene. But that looks quite good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a 3000 lumens projector from a UK thrift store called Cash Convertors for £90, then built a screen using 2x1 timber and stapled wedding veil material to it, gives a much better sharper image.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I finally got mine set up this year and it worked great!!!! I had a lot of people come by and take pics and video of my window.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I looked at doing that this year. I really want to be able to control the content and timing on the fly. If I cant get it to work out with other software I'll have to build the video. As far as the Projector, it's a 7000 Lumen Epson Powerlite Pro that weighs 50 lbs. I built a 200 lb, secure, weatherproof box for it with ventilation so once its in place it doesn't move for the season. I plan to run a wireless HDMI setup so I can cast content remotely. But i expect reliability issues so I'll keep the cabled setup in place for a backup as well. Its just a pain to have to go to the box get it unlocked and pry it open every time I want to change something.
I’m looking to build a box for 2 smaller projectors that is lockable and I can kinda camouflage it with my graveyard scene. I’m also looking for help on how to run it wirelessly through my laptop in the house so I can loop between the 2 projectors.
Can you give me some insight on that.
More so the lockable box

·
Registered
254 Posts
What I will be doing with my projector outside is putting it inside a "grave marker" made out of a styrofoam cooler. The cooler I have has a design on top edge that I got from the liquor store. I will need to bring in each night, as the cold temps here woukd destroy the projector, plus condensation will build up if it runs too long. I dry-locked the cooler, cut hole in for lens area and hole for plug. Projector will sit ontop of li, main cooler part is upside down setting on lid. Will descreetly sit in yard and blend in with other tombstones. Haven't done my trial yet, that will happen this weekend. It will run about 3 hours each night, as it doesn't get dark enough until close to 7:30 pm.

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Has anyone used this site for screen material?http://www.carlofet.com/ I have an Epson refurbished projector that was pretty inexpensive(under $300) and I'm using the Atmos professional window material that sticks to the window. The image is ok but not very sharp to me. The projector doesn't have very good black levels so that doesn't help either. I'm just wondering if using a better screen material stretched across the window frame would yield a better overall image.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts