Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished my skull (thanks everyone who answered my questions)
I have a number of VSA Routines.
I want to string them together and have them run unattended

I did find in the VSA help text that there are commands to load and run routines that I could run from a .bat file.

Is there a more elegant way to do this?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I also use macros to accomplish this.

I was using ComposeIt that you can get free from Monkeybasic.com, but when I upgraded to VSA 4.0 and got the fix (Which you will absolutely need if you bought VSA more than a few weeks ago) I had problems with it. It worked on some of my computers, but not the ones that I could use for my routine. I don't know why exactly...Some strange glitch I guess.

I would highly recommend trying that out first. If it works for you, all you need to do is use windows task manager and tell the computer to start each set at a specific time.

there will be no pause between sets unless you want one there.

·
Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,562 Posts
I have never been more offended! How dare you! LOL! JUST KIDDING!
IF you use Autohotkey, there is a thing called a macro recorder. What it does, is record all the keys and mouse clicks you make to make a program start, run, and whatever. After you record it, a script is automatically created. You have to edit that script for use in VSA to add Slepp commands and a number. That number tells the Macro to "sleep" or wait and do nothing until your routine stops. It's that simple. Really, there is nothing mysterious about any of it, just get it, record it, look at the script and add sleep commands. Try it, you'll see what I mean.

·
Dead and loving it.
1,620 Posts
We use it for the 3 axis skulls and other props that use servos.

I used ComposeIt today and turned Sleep mode off. I still let the screen go black but Vincent ran like a champ. Definitely shortening the duration between his routines for tomorrow from 3 minutes to maybe a minute and a half.

You are in luck Texan78. Gym_Ghost has kits for the skulls and he should be selling more for next Halloween....I can't believe I am already saying that. I can't believe I am already planning for it already.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts