Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooo I bought some skulls that are covered in glitter! I hate glitter! It shouldnt be associated with halloween props! Does anyone have a good method of getting this crap off?!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You didn't buy skulls covered in glitter. You bought cheap knockoff disco balls shaped like skulls.
Haha no they are good looking skulls but they have glitter on them. Glitter just ant my style. They were cheap and they will be mached over but the glitter has to go lol

·
black light queen
2,506 Posts
i vote for painting over ... but obviously it depends upon the "finish" you want them 2 have ... the glitter will impart a "rough" texture, i think ... maybe this will work for you, maybe you'll hate it

i guess you can try mechanical means to remove ... scouring pads, steel wool, sandpaper, soft wire (possibly brass) brush ...

amk

·
Registered
471 Posts
What are the skulls made of ? If they are not a paper product maybe by soaking them , a scotchbrite pad , Head and Shoulders shampoo ?

I agree with you on the glitter and Halloween props. Save that stuff for that holiday in February..

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Flamethrower?

You're really not helping things by buying them, Corpesnight. The only way they'll stop putting glitter on stuff is if people stop buying the crap. However you try to remove it, do it outside over a trash can or you'll have it everywhere, forever.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Soooo I bought some skulls that are covered in glitter! I hate glitter! It shouldnt be associated with halloween props! Does anyone have a good method of getting this crap off?!
C4
Oxy-Acetylene torch
Plasma cutter
Uncontrolled fusion reaction

Don't touch glitter. Don't look at glitter. Just destroy it before it spreads.
And it will.
Zombies ain't got **** on glitter.
Purest evil out there.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I love glitter skulls! (Sorry!) but, since you don't-try a fine grain sand paper, or try soaking it, maybe try some goo gone or fatastik?
All I can say is: good luck! Us glitter lovers want that stuff to last! :p

·
The Haunting Girl
864 Posts
C4
Oxy-Acetylene torch
Plasma cutter
Uncontrolled fusion reaction

Don't touch glitter. Don't look at glitter. Just destroy it before it spreads.
And it will.
Zombies ain't got **** on glitter.
Purest evil out there.
I'm with this one. I refuse to buy glitter anything. I don't even want to mess with that stuff. At Christmas we have so much glitter crap (and I work for Lowe's) that my home ends up glitter everywhere due to me tracking it into my house. It's the herpes/cancer of the crafting world.

·
Registered
623 Posts
The best way I can think of for removing glitter is to not buy anything with glitter on it and have everyone you know do the same. If we all do this, glitter (shudder) will magically disappear from the store shelves. If no one buys it they'll stop selling it. Better yet let's start an internet rumor that glitter contains something bad like radiation or toxic chemicals. After all everything on the internet is true isn't it?

·
Registered
302 Posts
We picked up a bunch of foam skulls covered in glitter for 25 cents each at a yard sale, wound up just painting over the glitter with dry-loc. We just use them as heads to put masks on etc.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts