Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I really want to do a carnival/circus/sideshow theme. I think I figured out how to do a circus tent in a semi-affordable way.

I have a 3 axis skull/skeleton. I'm thinking just swapping out his script and dressing him up as a sideshow barker. "Step right up, step right up, come see the greatest show on earth...."

I've got lots of lighting which will be easy to reuse. And I really want to build some cool old lighted signs.

I also have a few ideas for changing some stuff up to make it more sideshow and midway game themed.

However, this all all just building a scene, no scares.

The tent will be approximately 30x20. I would like to have a couple attractions inside, and a few outside.

Two things, I'm struggling to figure out a good way to integrate... my electric chair, which people would be very disappointed if it were missing this year, and my air cannon/blaster for a good startle scare.

I have pneumatics in various configurations I could also use, if I was able to figure out how to tie them in.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have always done a haunted mansion/graveyard scene. Previously, my house was a big 2 story home sitting on a hill there was a short walkway up to the porch that twisted through the yard, but still brought up up nearly 30 feet above the street. The house was somewhat victorian looking. Lots of places to hide startle props, very easy to theme. Throw some tombstones, fog, lights, a fence, and it was done.

I set up October 30th-November 1.

Basically try to get the main stuff in place the day before, tweak the day of, and tear down the next day.

However, now, I have a smaller 1 story ranch with a nice flat front yard, and a walkway right off the driveway coming up the porch. Not really a good setup for a scare. This is really a blank canvas, I've always worked with what I had to amp it up. Now, I can't think of a way to pull off the same cool level of haunt and I'm kind of tired of the typical graveyard scene. It would be nice to take a break for a couple years with something different, then I can alternate.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Two things, I'm struggling to figure out a good way to integrate... my electric chair, which people would be very disappointed if it were missing this year, and my air cannon/blaster for a good startle scare.
I was wondering if you could possibly use the electric chair as a take on the classic carnival dunk tank? It could be a scene where when the ball strikes the target, one gets electrocuted instead of falling in water.
The air cannon, instead, could be advertised as something related to human cannonballs, maybe?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts