Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some new rope LED strings with white power cables that stick out like a sore thumb. I need to paint them but don't know of the best way. Will pray paint work just fine or does it need solid paint? I can detach them from the rest of the rope string.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Hard to say, the material that most cords are made of don't like paint. Most spray paints will just turn the cord into a sticky mess that never dries. Best to just try a small section and see what happens.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I agree that paint doesn't work well on chords (five years later still sticky). Electrical tape, wire loom, or even try black rit dye.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You could also use heat shrink tubing, although finding it at the right price may be a challenge.

Can you remove one of the plugs (to wire back on later) and push it through a black garden hose?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys :)

To the tape!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You could also use heat shrink tubing, although finding it at the right price may be a challenge.

Can you remove one of the plugs (to wire back on later) and push it through a black garden hose?
not the way is connects to the rope lights no :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
wear rubber gloves-break open a magic marker-use the spongy ink filled insert-bend it around the cord & pull the cord through---repeat till satisfied with coverage. It also dries fairly quickly. Just a thought ???

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
wear rubber gloves-break open a magic marker-use the spongy ink filled insert-bend it around the cord & pull the cord through---repeat till satisfied with coverage. It also dries fairly quickly. Just a thought ???
You forgot to mention to wear a respirator, that is one bad smell! :p

·
Registered
279 Posts
How about the wire loom material they use for cars. It's black plastic and is cut down the length to slide over stuff.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts