Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some testing in my yard tonight and realize it will need to be mounted high, shining down on the display to look the best. At least for the spiders,
I have the Fire/ice lights from last year and they have a metal bracket that I was able to remove and mount where I wanted and then remount the light to it.
These lights have a plastic ball that the stake screws into to stake into the ground.
I figured you guys could save me allot of time by telling me how you are mounting your projected ghost, spiders or are you just staking them into the ground?
I am thinking about drilling 2 holes into that plastic bracket and then put my self drilling screws through it but am afraid it will crack and break apart and then I have nothing to mount it with.
I have a high pvc pipe that I have my bats flying around and would like this light shining down on the graveyard looking like spiders crawing all over the place.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Am hoping to light up this weekend if the rain holds off so I can get everything taped up.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Your mentioning PVC and your concerns about compromising the bracket drove this idea: keep the stake on the light, but slide the stake into a PVC pipe and run one bolt through them both, to hold the stake and light in place - after that, you can mangle the PVC as needed...cut, shape, whatever, and you won't be damaging your actual light.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The PVC pipe is 3 or 4 inches wide (cant remember, had it so many years now) and 10 feet tall. I have a motor mounted on the top of it that spins my bats around in a circle high in the air.
I used to do what you are talking about for the lower spot lights I had a few years back using a smaller pvc pipe and putting the stake into the top of the pipe and anchoring it with a screw through the side. I am assuming that is what you was thinking about also.
If I cant think of anything, maybe I could make a hole big enough for the stake to go through the side of the pipe and come out the other side and then screw the light into the end of the stake.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Can you not cut your bat pipe, add a Y junction to it, re-attach the bat pipe, then simply slot the light into the Y junction. You could extend the Y with a length of pipe it the stake is too long. That way bat pipe integrity is kept, and you dont need to damage light.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the input guys.
I stared at it for awhile and saw that the plastic on the mount is thick and strong so I drilled 2 pilot holes into it and used the self drilling screws and it isn't going anywhere now.

Hopefully my picture posts OK in case other people are curious if it would work or not.
mount.jpg

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts