Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the 3 Classic Halloween Monsters this year through Home Depot (Werewolf, Drac & Frankenstein). They are IR props that work off of each other, but I have no idea how to set them off without having to press the button on each of their arms. Is there a hack to hook them up to step pads or a motion sensor that would set them off? They are basically just great looking props that do nothing if I can't find a way to have people set them off easily when they walk by them.

·
Registered
291 Posts
They are normally sound or motion activated. Did they not come with instructions? I would suggest turning it on, waiting a few minutes and walking back and forth in front of them. If that dosen't work clap your hands really hard to see if that sets them off.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There must be another way

They are normally sound or motion activated. Did they not come with instructions? I would suggest turning it on, waiting a few minutes and walking back and forth in front of them. If that dosen't work clap your hands really hard to see if that sets them off.

Thanks, but neither sound or motion will set them off. I cannot make them work if they are not each individually set off by pressing the buttons on each arm.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so how would your product work for these? Does it set just the first one off and then the other react to the first one as they should? They are IR props that work off of each other once they are started.

·
Registered
291 Posts
So basically all your button dose is make a connection between the two wires that lead into it. By simply placing a prop controller with an relay in line with the button you can make it motion activated. J-man makes an excellent product for this that I've used myself. Or you could build your own. Just look up button banger. Com

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
so how would your product work for these? Does it set just the first one off and then the other react to the first one as they should? They are IR props that work off of each other once they are started.
If pressing one of the buttons gets them all operating then you would wire the TRY-ME-TROL to one prop. If all three buttons need to be pressed, you would wire the TRY-ME-TROL to a relay board (I have them also) and then each prop to the relay board. You can email me direct at: [email protected]

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
If pressing one of the buttons gets them all operating then you would wire the TRY-ME-TROL to one prop. If all three buttons need to be pressed, you would wire the TRY-ME-TROL to a relay board (I have them also) and then each prop to the relay board. You can email me direct at: [email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts