Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to make deep dark scars. I'm trying to figure how to do the make up for one of my scarators. Can anyone help me in making the types of scars and flaking skin as seen on this girl? Thanks!

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z216/darkness78/x09-dark-gothic-girl-with-teddy-bea.jpg

[P.S. I borrowed this image from darkness78 and it isn't mine. It's just the effect I've been looking for. I'll be glad to take this post down if I'm violating policy!!!!!!!]

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
Liquid latex.

Available most Halloween shops this time of year.

What I've found most effective if you don't have an airbrush for the makeup is to actually apply the 'skin color' of cream makeup to the skin, allow it to dry, then apply the liquid latex and allow IT to dry, then peel it off. The makeup stays with the latex, leaving clear areas to go back and fill in for effect.

(obviously, my makeup job is different, but very similar effect)

Minimum of 45 minutes to apply, I'ld say. Use a hair dryer to speed drying the latex.

If you have an airbrush and some suitable makeup, it would look much better.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!!! I've used liquid latex before, but it guess it's just the illusion that the wounds are much deeper than the surrounding peeled back flesh. I've never thought about painting the inside with black before. I love the effect!

Also, after studying the picture, it appears that the peeled back latex was actually cut in places to give it sharp edges and the surrounding "flesh" was dabbed with black to make the wounds look like burns.

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
I would love to see a full color of that makeup job. As it stands, it's either a camera setting or a photoshop. Kinda hard to get too many details from the (mostly) black and white.

(mine flipped to greyscale)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Or youcould use the latex and toilet paper trick. You put a layer of latex, lay a peice of single layer TP on it then add another layer of laytex and let dry. Then put another peice of single layer TP over that and then a thin layer of latex and let dry. Once that layer is dry you peel and tear that top layer of TP, the bottom layer stays and givs the effect of mussle tissue. Add makeup and your done....

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or youcould use the latex and toilet paper trick. You put a layer of latex, lay a peice of single layer TP on it then add another layer of laytex and let dry. Then put another peice of single layer TP over that and then a thin layer of latex and let dry. Once that layer is dry you peel and tear that top layer of TP, the bottom layer stays and givs the effect of mussle tissue. Add makeup and your done....
I was just looking at that here....

YouTube - Zombies Halloween How-to Make-Up : BFX

I think that's the way to go.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would love to see a full color of that makeup job. As it stands, it's either a camera setting or a photoshop. Kinda hard to get too many details from the (mostly) black and white.
I agree. I'm going to have a lot of zombie baby dolls (made from another tutorial here) and I want the "Nanny" to have this sort of make up. I think it will be a cool addition!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts