Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get 2 balls, one exercise ball 55cm at walmart $10.00 and a kids $2.00 ball, get 2 black plastic bags, one regular garbage or leaf bag, 1 contractor bag. Place exercise ball inside contractor bag blow up to max. size, place smaller ball inside lawn bag, tie 2 bags together, then wrap tie several times with black electrical tape, this hides the tie and makes the neck, electrical tape 2/$1.00 at dollar general stores. now your body is complete. NEXT; Legs, buy 1/4" pvc pipe at home depot $1.83 for 10 ft. will take 5ft per leg,get a pvc 90 degree elbow $.29 ea. for each leg. Cut each leg 2 1/2 ft. in length, join 2, 2 1/2 pieces together with 90 degree elbow, you should have a V shape when done, repeat for each leg. I only put 4 legs on mine, (depending on how many legs you want) , glue with pvc glue. You will need to pick-up a pvc T joint for each leg $.29ea. at home depot. glue to one end of each leg make sure you glue the bottom of the T to each leg. Get a 1 ft piece of pvc to attach the top of the T joints on each leg, glue with pvc glue, you will have to cut your 1 ft. piece several times to glue the legs too. Now you should have the main legs and a center bar for your body to sit on. You can either spray paint the legs with flat black paint $1.00 dollar general or you can cover them with black plastic bags, cut in half, then tape together with duct tape, then fold inside out to hide duck tape,slide over the legs and tape down. Set the body down in the center of your legs, and wrap electrical tape completely around the center of your legs and around the biggest ball this will hold your legs to your body. So far around $20.00 you should have a spider that will look more realistic than any you find in the store and it's huge...........

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes it's great easy takes about an hour, looks awsome, and inexpensive. (I'll get a pic and post a better how too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Another easy approach is to use Great Stuff. Just make a form (I used an inverted bowl and a styrofoam ball) and cover 'em with plastic wrap. Then layer on the great stuff and paint it when dry. Add pipe legs as described above--turns out looking like this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts