Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nori Plant Wakame Fashion accessory Saccharina japonica After looking all over the web for help making sea weed for our pirate display this year I came up empty. I stumbled upon this by accident and thought I would share this with everyone. I had some thin 2' long trash bags I cut into strips to see if that would look anything like sea weed while trying to seperate the strands I stretched the strip by accident and loved the look so my daughter and I stretched each peice all the way down it. Modern art Drawing Art Drawing Sketch Artwork Hand Finger Hand Finger Nail Thumb After doing this to many cut strips of trash bags I painted each different colors . Leaf Saccharina japonica Kombu Wakame Seaweed This is really very easy to do hope you like it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dark colors are Rust-Oleum camo brown and green spray paint, the light green is actually Krylon yellow indoor/outdoor spray paint . When painting they blow around so easy its best to hold them at the top and spray them while holding then seprate each strand before they stick together.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Great idea! I may have to make some seaweed for our Haunted Tiki party :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
That looks great Myke. I have been looking for some seaweed for my pirate haunt too. I think i'll give it a try. I want to to hang some in my cave set up. Thanks for the info.

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
Wish I had known this before I spent a fortune on seaweed at Hobby Lobby. Even on sale it costs a small fortune. Thanks for this tip. I will still use it as I need more than what I have. Those look so real.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone , i've used some ideas from this site and thought i'd share one of my own.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Brilliant!

Thanks for a great tip! I'm doing Scary Tales and Mother Noose rhymes for next year's Boo Bash. This will be very useful for the "Little Mermaid" corpse scene!

Eric

1 - 20 of 56 Posts