Halloween Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Am still struggling to make remote activation triggers for multiple props. I need to know how to make a “Try Me” Button that has a jack at the end (instead of the molex that was used for the older animated props).

I have been all over the web trying to locate a place to buy Try Me Buttons, called Spirit Halloween and I was told that they have been “discontinued” and that all the stores this year will have the footpad activation in place for demonstration purposes.

I am actually squeezing a 2nd request in this post but does anyone know whether the Universal Footpad Activator can be converted into a “Try Me Button”?

I would really appreciate a tutorial, illustration, or any help whatsoever on the above projects.

Thank you, LUV2HAUNT (Carole&Vicki)
:confused

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. The Spirit Halloween Lurching Zombie is one of the props. It has a switch to enable the "Try Me" function. It requires a "Jack" to be plugged into it. Another prop that I bought last year on sale was the Witch Of Stolen Souls. She also has the "Try Me" function that requires the speaker or audio jack. I got her to work with a speaker jack, speaker wire extension, then a momentary relay switch (Try Me Button) that I can screw to the underside of the fence around the display. It works fine. The Lurching Zombie does not work.

I will try to order a couple footpad activation mats and tear them apart. I wonder about them though because I tried with the Giant Jumping Spider and ended up using a remote control on it.

In the past I just used a cheap "Try Me Button" from any old prop and the wired it into the animated prop I wanted to remotely activate. That approach is not working this year. The Lurching Zombie is really a pain because he is placed right in the middle of a zombie herd.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Carole & Vicki AKA LUV2HAUNT

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,

Thank you both so much. I think one of my problems was the type of jack I was trying to use. I am going to order a few of the Footpads and attach them to momentary switches (sturdy, push button, easy to mount on underside of fence that surrounds the display). I will make certain that I use the correct (one insulated band jacks. Thanks again to both of you. I will post how it works out. Carole & Vicki AKA LUV2HAUNT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.