Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a haunted house just the other night and they had a metal garbage can that was set to rattle by either being triggered or on a 30 sec./1 min. timer. Any ideas on the best way to make one of those? Thanks!

-Derek

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well if i wanted to make one quick, lets see - cell from a motion light the kind that turns on when you walk by. 2. a drill and some of that liquid nails stuff. Strap the drill to a piece of plywood. Then cut plywood to fit in trashcan bottom. Drill a 2 x 4 block off center to fit some 3/8 all thread. Mount the wood block on a piece of all thread. Use a rubber band to hold down trigger. Have the motion sensor outside of the can to turn on/off the drill. Note-Size of the 2 x 4 will make the trashcan move more or less, also the length of all thread should not be too long or the torque will bend it. It should work fine....

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me see if I got this right, best way I knew how was to do a little diagram to show what I think you're saying, does it look right?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I was going to use one of those old reasly big wand back massagers. It didnt move but it mage a hell of a banking noise. but it was too loud to hear my talking skeleton in my TCT so I took it out. like above said hook the power up to a light motion sensor or hand held remote, you can grab the kind that they sell for outdorr x-mas lights for like $10. I like these it keeps kids from sticking around seting it off over & over, ruinung the suprise for the next group

1 - 6 of 6 Posts