Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm new to the forum. :) I need to know how to make a haunted portrait. Like you know when you go to Disneyland on the Haunted Mansion there are old portraits that turn into zombies or vampires.Do you get what Im saying? Well anyway, I need to know how to make one, anybody know how? TIA -Jaden

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Like these?: http://hauntedportraits.com/gallery.htm

I've never heard of anyone making them themselves. I think it's beyond just about everyone, and you'd be better off buying them and spending the rest of your time and money on other projects.

Some of the dollar/99 cent stores are also reported to have them, although I've never seen them in my area.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Little late reply but I did something like these several years ago. You can replicate by creating them via Powerpoint presentation. I did several portraits and timed them, and played around with the transitions, they went over big with the tot. Your biggest concern is to make a faux portrait frame to cover your monitor. Run your presentation to continous loop. Make a nice spooky scene with fake candles and place monitor high on a armoire, if it is a flat screen monitor whole lot better. Hope it helps, maybe something to think of for next year.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Little late reply but I did something like these several years ago. You can replicate by creating them via Powerpoint presentation. I did several portraits and timed them, and played around with the transitions, they went over big with the tot. Your biggest concern is to make a faux portrait frame to cover your monitor. Run your presentation to continous loop. Make a nice spooky scene with fake candles and place monitor high on a armoire, if it is a flat screen monitor whole lot better. Hope it helps, maybe something to think of for next year.
Cool idea desertsaquatch! Considering that I have a computer nerd background, I should have thought of this long ago! haha :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
haunted portrait

Jaden, a while ago I had found a site that had ideas for a portrait that the "eyes would follow" you similar to the intro in the Disney ride. I cannot find my link (but will look some more). The basic idea was to take a portrait and cut out the eyes. Then you set them back slight behind the picture. The effect was that the eyes would follow you. It was not an animation, just a simple 3D effect. Hope I can find the thread.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well I tried to get a couple of the portraits I had done and used but, they were on a CD and now they are all kaput'. I did a quick portrait of myself in Powerpoint, I sepia'd it to get that old look and went ahead and spooked it up a bit. Don't know which one scares me more.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,781 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts