Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to pull off the singing pumpkins and an additional window scene. I ordered two of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TO7X2H8/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Ideally, I'd be able to loop the scene via USB or SD card. That being said, I am guessing I can't. I have an old laptop that would work for looping a scene in WMP, but what other work arounds are there?

Is it common to find a DVD player, etc that can loop the scene? Is there an easy way to edit a clip to copy/paste it to be like 2 or 3 hours long?

Thanks!

·
Registered
286 Posts
A lot of people use something like a Micca Speck to loop a file.

If your file format is compatible with Chrome, you can play it in a browser window. Right click on the image, and there's an option to loop. I use this a chromecast to stream my videos into the yard.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So how would I get my file to a Chromecast to do this? That might work best as I have a Best Buy giftcard and could use the Chromecast for other stuff too. Thanks!

·
Registered
668 Posts
If you already ordered the projector, I'd wait till you get it before buying a player. According to the specs it accepts sd cards. With that being said it may also play video files from an sd card. Some projectors that accept usb inputs can't play videos, but can show pictures from a usb drive. This may or may not be the case with this one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It should play the SD card, but I don't know if it can repeat and loop the scene. I want to set and forget and not have to keep hitting play all night. Not sure if that is a common software option with projectors or not.

·
Registered
668 Posts
It is usually a pretty common thing, or could be a setting. I know my cheaper small projectors auto loop at the end of a play cycle. I fade the video in and out so it isn't an abrupt transition.

·
Registered
286 Posts
So how would I get my file to a Chromecast to do this? That might work best as I have a Best Buy giftcard and could use the Chromecast for other stuff too. Thanks!
The chromecast just streams your browser window, either from your PC or phone, to you TV or projector. Just plug it into a HDMI on the TV/projector. The files stay on your device.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts