Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spend months turning my entire home into a haunt and host a huge party. Every year a lot of guests touch props. These are all friends, neighbors and family. As all of you all too well know props are expensive and take a lot of time. The more expensive, time consuming and elaborate the prop it seems the more it is touched. How do I politely convey the point that it is hands off and that this applies to everyone, including close friends and family? Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks in advance for any ideas!

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
I was worried about my vintage clown figurines in the "clown dressing room," so I just took my grandson in and explained to him they are not toys and not to touch. So far, so good. I am not sure what to do about the teenagers, though, LOL.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
or maybe a sign/s saying "I don't like to be touched so hands off. And I bite!" (getting the point across but with a touch of humor) I'd also make an announcement at the beginning of the party explaining some are fragile and you'd appreciate if they observed your no touching policy on the props. And do a reminder part way thru, something nice like. Thanks everyone from refraining from touching the displays.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Just tell them in a polite way. If they are real friends, and family should be a no brainer, they will understand.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestions. It seems a lot of people think "do not touch" applies to everyone else but they themselves are an exception for whatever reason. I have heard some people say they are careful and no harm was done. Many just don't get it. It is difficult, if not impossible, to put barriers around every scene and prop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts