Halloween Forum banner

How to keep it fresh and new????

2154 Views 17 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  sarah_9
For the past few years we have always thrown a Halloween party and they have always been a hit. We've played several games and always had a good turn out. Last year was good, but SO much work and felt like it was kind of the same thing.

Any ideas on how to keep it fresh, new, interesting, different for those who always come?

Any of you ever go through this? I think i'd be okay even skipping it, but everyone looks forward to it and starts to look for their costumes before we even decide if we are doing something.

I have never had a theme before, so i am definitely thinking of that.

I don't know...i just need something to get my creative thoughts going...
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,146 Posts
We are going on our 12th annual Boo Bash this year. We have never repeated a theme yet, although for the 10th annual, we did a best of, with different themes and scenes past in various rooms. It is great. I reuse a lot of props in different ways and always build 3 or 4 new things to match the theme.

Eric

· Registered
1,146 Posts
Wolfbeard -- I am impressed that you have managed 12 different themes. I've been doing this for 7 years and am having trouble deciding on a a theme this year. I would love to know which themes you done.
We've done (in no particular order):

- Dead Celebrities
- Science Fiction
- Egyptian
- Pirates
- Vampire
- Aliens
- Carn-Evil
- Zombie/Night of the Living Dead
- Toxic Tragedy
- Spirits of the Past (10 year anniversary w/ favorite scenes from the past decade)
- Seance "Calling all Spirits" (This was tough, needed a bunch of volunteers to surprise invited guests with apparitions and effects throughout the evening. The best effect was the interactive demon on our TV answering questions.)
- This year: Classic Universal Movie Monsters (Different movie theme in every room)

It is a challenge, since we have a limited budget, but we get our core group of guests and some new blood every year, averaging around 45 people at the Boo Bash. I do all the prop building and my wife and I decorate on our own. Some home made props and scenes are in my photo gallery if you click on my user name.

Eric

· Registered
1,146 Posts
Wow the dead celebrity one sounds like a fun one! Might have to try that one year.

MsM

Our guests had a lot of fun with this one. Some came dressed as the celebrities were in life, others were after death. There were many original costumes. Unfortunately, this was before we ever had our digital camera, so we don't have any photos to post of that.

· Registered
1,146 Posts
While we do require costumes, we don't require people to dress according to the theme. We still get about half that do make an attempt to match the theme. I'd rather have the guests have fun without stressing over their costumes.

Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.