Halloween Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've just been making an animated skeleton with cup Turner motor. It's working nicely.

I've put him on a kinda tombstone thing, made from concrete backer board I had laying around.
Plant Road surface Wood Tree Sculpture

Anyway it's looking a bit plain. It looks like a toilet to me!
I'm not terribly artistic but I do have a 3d printer.
Any suggestions on making it look more like a tombstone?

Thanks (my first post)

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Welcome! That looks great! You could consider adding a name or death date/year, but it would also be cool to add a half-vase to the front that you could put some dead/decaying flowers in (or faux flower stems spray painted black or brown). Along the same lines, what about a lenticular portrait glued onto the front? The kind that if you look at it from one direction it looks normal, but another direction it looks like a ghost or a demon. Round or oval portrait frames look really good, if you ask me!

You could also go to the thrift shop and look for various angel statues, angel heads or religious figures. Then paint or spraypaint them - you could get the kind that looks like stone or marble and affix it to the front.

Since you have a ledge on the tombstone, a lot of the DIY candles (search this site for lots of awesome how-to's) would look really cool piled up with lots of "wax" dripping down. Also at the hardware or craft store, take a look at wood moldings with a flat back you can glue on (painted or stained).

Good luck with it!

·
Registered
Yorkshire Scarer
1,216 Posts
If you can't find angel heads then dolls heads are good.

·
Registered
909 Posts
If you go the tombstone route I think aging it and adding a faux crack or 2 will really help the illusion as well. It is a great prop!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts