Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to illuminate a channel of water that is 70' long, 18" in wide, and 7" deep.
My thoughts might be to place a red submersable LED candle light every 1' but I am not sure that has enough light output to illuminate a 1' x 1.5' x 7" space properly. We want the channel to appear RED as if it's a moat of blood. i could put red food dye in there but not sure how much that would take plus I would still need to light it...

ANy ideas are welcome! :)

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
Could you line the bottom of the channel will red cellophane or plastic sheeting of some sort?

Then if you could run some string or rope lighting attached to some long strips of wood that would be placed along the top edge of the channel, you could low cost illuminate the channel. The mounted lights would be on the underside of the wood planks pointed downward towards the water and they wouldn't be visible to the people above.

There is also a liquid sold in pool stores someone made a post about a while back (like a few months ago maybe) that colors the water. Try searching for "pool" and "red". The pool pumps would eventually filter the coloring out of the water and they did temporarily stain the filter area although it sounded like with a lot of scrubbing it would come off. My hubby would kill me if I tried it and it didn't work so well, but a number of people apparently have used it. If your channel doesn't have a pump/filter I'm not sure how you would get the red water out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts