Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im wanting to get some led spotlights for my yard haunt which will be a zombie theme, no tombstones tho. What im wanting to do is hide the lights in something so people from the street or sidewalk cannot see there casings. Any ideas what would blend in?

·
Registered
63 Posts
im wanting to get some led spotlights for my yard haunt which will be a zombie theme, no tombstones tho. What im wanting to do is hide the lights in something so people from the street or sidewalk cannot see there casings. Any ideas what would blend in?
Not sure the size of your lights but a simple item is to hide them in PVC pipes and paint them black. The other method is to cut holes in older static props and put the lights into them. Check out Michaels for pumpkins and such you can cut open.

-Tim

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was wanting to place them to sign on the static props, but might be able to implement them into one or two, great idea! Dont really want the pvc route as that wouldn't really blend in with anything and people would notice. They are just smaller 83 led china lights. maybe 4" round

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,963 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
I wanted to hide my lights as well. Since I have a graveyard the natural choice was in tombstones. I got a number of styrofoam coolers from the dollar store for a dollar each and I am just going to dress them up as tombstones. My guess is it would be very easy to use a heat gun to shape them and maybe throw in some great stuff. Not only would you have light weight easy to make rocks but there would be no trouble with water damage.

Reactions: IshWitch

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
If they are LEDs that don't put out much heat you can carve fake rocks out of foam blocks or coolers that will hide them pretty well. Too much heat from incandescent bulbs and iffy with fluorescents for foam. plastic skulls with the back cut out might work well for your theme too. Other than that you could use clumps of dried grass (LED safe only), rubble pile of bricks, rocks, or other building materials, or just make creative use of your landscape and hide lights behind shrubs, posts or other ornamental features.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
If the ground is dark, the housings are black, and there's no light shining on the lights themselves, you'd be surprised how inconspicuous they can be.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I use plants that my mom has to hide my lights. Its amazing how much a potted plant or shrub can hide.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I use mini led lights which are screwed to 4" x 4" pieces of 1 x 2 wood blocks painted black. I secure the blocks to the ground with landscape fabric stakes. They work great, and you really have look to see them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts