Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my copy of How To Haunt Your House by Shawn & Lynne Mitchell.
Just awesome! Jammed packed with tips, tricks, & amazing pictures. I highly recommend it. I can't believe they gave Hauntcast a mention in the reference section.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I just got my copy in the mail yesterday.
Very happy with it's content, countless full color photos, & inspiring How To projects! Think every haunter should have a copy, regardless of experience level. Should be a part of anyone's haunt reference library.

How To Haunt Your House

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
I checked out the website but I can't seem get the right moves to turn the pages on their preview to see what props they cover. Do any of you guys have a link to the list of props in the book? From what I've seen, the design looks beautiful. I'd probably at least like to have it as a cocktail book. The photography is really nice.

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
Yeezoinks... $40? I would love to have this book, but my wife would have my stuff on the lawn right now if I spent that plus shipping on a book right now. ;-)

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,068 Posts
Wilbret-
We must get rid of the wives.
:( Awww, that's not fair - some of us ladies are the ones that are the Halloween nuts in the family! ;)

I looked at the book and their website, and it looks pretty nifty, but I don't know... $40 for a book? They had some really great projects on the website - I may have to make the seance table top.

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
Maybe Amazon will have it for less. $40 for a paperback under 100 pages? The publisher is ripping them off. Looks awesome, though.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Haha HalloweenRocks.... this might not be the best place on the planet to complain about wives... you might have a witches revolt on your hands, my friend ;)

I agree, gotta have this book. Maybe those of us that don't wanna dish out 40 bucks right this second, might hear some teasers about it on Hauntcast, to hold us over?!?! Hmmm??? :D

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
Ha. I am pathetic. After a full day to stew about it, I bought the damn book. I figure if I support them, it is more likely to go from self-published to published and make it.

I just won't drink soda for a month. ;-)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
According to the authors ...
it will be available through Barnes & Noble & amazon.com.
With that thought in mind, the book might be cheaper through Barnes & Noble (with a wider distribution) It's also cheaper if you have a B&N discount card. Don't know if they will carry the title in store or if it'll be just online. You'll have to check with your local store & see.

I admit I'm weak & hate waiting. lol So.... I bought it on Lulu & paid their price plus Priority mail shipping total of $47.92. Ordered it a week ago Wednesday & got it on Thursday.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I just won't drink soda for a month. ;-)
Heh...I put in an order for some props earlier this week, so I figure I have to ride the bus everyday for a month so that the gas money I save can pay for it...

I wonder what "deals" people make with themselves to buy their Halloween stash

·
Registered
823 Posts
want that book but the shipping for me is half the price of the book for a total of 64$ us i dont want to know in canadian i would have a heart attack anyway i guess i will wait to see my coworker going to the state when they will be available there in B&N but it looks so great can't wait

·
Halloween AA Member
1,183 Posts
want that book but the shipping for me is half the price of the book for a total of 64$ us i dont want to know in canadian i would have a heart attack anyway i guess i will wait to see my coworker going to the state when they will be available there in B&N but it looks so great can't wait
Yes Frenchy the shipping is very steep for us Canadians. It would be $20 for me too. But I've been waiting to buy a really good book for a while. So when I get my taxes back that will be my treat to myself, oh as well as some stuff to make my PVC flicker candles. =)

1 - 20 of 85 Posts